CHAPTER 26

"You go back to Jiae's cafe. I'll head to our HQ." Yein ordered while wearing her thigh holster, placing her Beretta Nano inside.

Better be prepared than sorry.

Jungkook was perplexed.

"What? You're leaving me?" He abruptly stood up. "No, I'm coming with you."

Yein took a deep breath, her head is about to explode.

Your mother looks so beautiful, I wonder if she'll also look good inside the coffin I bought? Keep your family close Jeong Yein, they might suffer the same tragic death like your father.

Read the message she received earlier, it was enough to bring her mind in frenzy.

She has a lot to take under her wing, and she needs to take more precautions.

She cupped Jungkook's cheeks and stared into his eyes.

"No Jungkook. You're not coming with me."

"But Yeㅡ"

"ㅡno buts Jungkook. You're safer this way, you go back to our friends and explain them what happened, excluding the text. Just tell them I needed to rest as I got dizzy."

"Yein, you just received a threat!ㅡ a death threat to that and you expect me to be calm in my stand? Yein, even if its still on paper I'm your husband now! I need to be a part of this so please let me come with you!" Jungkook insisted, holding both of her shoulders.

Yein shut her eyes closed, her mind screams no, don't let Jungkook waver her stand, she needs to be firm on this one, Jungkook might be her husband now, and her concerns are also his. But her life is still way far different and complex as to what Jungkook perceives.

And this runs far way deeper in the organization she's in, the Triad. They have a personal motive on attacking her and even if Jungkook is now her husband she won't be rash with her decisions.

And when she said that he's not coming with her, then he won't.

"Please Jungkook, don't be stubborn! I need to do this By. My. Own." Yein said it word by word. "So please just do as I say, Yugyeom will come to you shortly. He'll be with you, guarding you and our friends." Yein cupped Jungkook's face. "Act naturally in front of our friends."

Yein sighed.

"It would have been better if Jisoo's with us today, but it can't be avoided. What happened between Seokjin and her is definitely out of my concern, and I don't want to meddle in it. I've meddled more than enough with your life dragging you in my messy lifeㅡ so please Jungkook, for my peace of mind can you do as I say?"

Jungkook's battling with his mind, he wants to be with her, stay with her, protect her and their child, but a part of him understands where she's coming from. She's prioritizing his safety by putting hers in line.

This triad she told him about, he can feel that they have eyes everywhere, watching every move of Yein. And he's afraidㅡ afraid that they might harm her in any way.

"I can't change your mind, can I?" He asked, his tone down.

Yein caressed Jungkook's cheeks.

"You can't. Go to our friends and act natural. I'll send Yugyeom as soon as possible." She handed him her other Beretta Nano. "Just to be sure."

Jungkook checked to see if his gun is loaded and it is full of ammunition, loaded with six rounds.

And Yein handed him another magazine round.

Jungkook accepted the magazine and inserted his gun behind his belt along with the magazine.

"Be careful Yein." Jungkook reminded Yein, uneasiness in his voice.