Chapter 16

Hei Ryung
"These letters are hard to pronounce..." I pouted, resting my head on my palm.

He turns his head towards me, "What letter?" I pointed at the 2 letters on the paper.

"L and R are too similar," I sighed, frustrated.

He chuckled, "Those 2 letters are usually hard for us, Koreans, to pronounce." He places his hand on my back.

"Don't worry, I'll help you and you'll get the hang of it soon." He smiles at me, rubbing his hand, gently.

---

"Okay can you show me what you've learned, yesterday?" He rested his back on the chair as he stretched his arms in the air.

"Oh yeah!" I nodded as I pulled myself towards the desk, looking for the pieces of cardboard.

The scattered notebooks and papers made it difficult to find.

I pulled the drawer open.

"Oh, it's right here." I took them and raised them up.

"Here!"

He glanced at them, then looked down to my face. Raising an eyebrow, he said.

"Flashcards? What are you, 5?" He laughed.

My eyebrows collided. "That's mean." I crossed my arms.

"W-Wait, I'm sorry. You're right...that was kinda mean." He looked down.

I faced him with a weird look, laughing. "I'm not that immature." I rolled my eyes in a playful manner.

---

"Not bad." He made a face that yelled ‘satisfied’. "Of course it's not bad, I'm Hei Ryung." I fixed my posture.

"Word taken." He said, sarcastically.

He flipped through the pages of my notebook, stopping on one page.

"Don't you have quiz on English tomorrow?" He faced me, as I slowly nod.

"Well you should be ready tomorrow." He crossed his arms. "Well I hope s–" Ring Ring.

I felt my phone vibrating from my pocket. I flinch as I heard my ringtone. Kinda embarrassing...

"Oh? Shinee as your ringtone? Some taste." I giggle before taking the call.

"Yes?" There was a few seconds of silence before– "HEI RYUNGGGG!" My eyes closed as I heard the piercing voice.

"Ah, what the do you want Kook?" I rubbed my ear. "Oh I'm just calling from Yoongi's phone,"

"Why...?"

"We're coming home in a bit." My eyes widened as I quickly spun around to look at my clock.

Oh it's almost 4. 3:54 PM.

"Okay, bring some snack on the way please." I prolonged the word.

I heard him sigh. "Okay okay, fat ass." My jaw drops, just as the call drops as well.

"Did...Did he just–" I stared at the phone as my tutor attempted to muffle his laughter.

Composing himself, he questioned. "Brother?" I nodded in annoyance. "Younger... specifically?" I sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, and they're bother in their way home." His eyebrows raised. "Well we should wrap up." He cracked his knuckles picking up the pen once again.

---

"Are they arriving?" Namjoon asks as my bedroom door slams open.

Great timing.