One Step Closer

Harmony P.O.V
"Sit" Ethan directed towards the sofa. I sat with my eyes drooped down. 5 pair of eyes constantly staring into mine demanded millions of unheard answers. "Speak" Ethan hissed with pure vemon laced in his voice. I tried hard but no syllable escaped from my lips. My eyeball drowning in pool of my tears I looked up into Liam's eyes pleading him to be soft.
"Hush down mate ....let her settle first" liam brought me glass of water. Till that time Ethan's cellphone buzzed. It seemed like he was about to get a panic attack.
"I'll prefer to go from here now but at night I'll call you "he told harry "just ask her everything i have to rush to Dubai right now"
Everyone hugged him turn by turn but I didn't dare to move. He came to me and kissed me on my forehead.
"Tell the truth...no lies are welcomed. I'll call you tonight and ask you each and everything in detail"
He didn't even wait for my response and hurried out of the house.
Everyone sat around me like some important conference was going to take place.
"So Harmony where and how you met him?" Harry bowed in front of me so that i could be at level with his emerald green irises

"first time I interacted with him via video call" everyone furrowed their forehead.
"From where did you get his contact number?" Louis questioned.

"He is Asif's cousin"
"See i told you na Harry" lou scorned "and u never accepted it....you feel that i just imagine things ......i told you the guy looked quite familiar"

"Yeah but remember when we saw Asif he was just 6 years or so.....he's changed"

"Ah....that little cute guy" liam smiled "so Harmony knows him??"
"He's no more the same" lou said in a strident tone "obviously moving on Zayn's path makes him no more innocent ....we saw the way he lives"
"Ah...just shed this topic mate" Niall pleaded

"Yeah true.......so Harmony have you met him in person??"
"Yes Harry  I did"
"How many times?" His raspy voice uttered in my hear making my heart beat like a drum. I blinked rapidly feeling the guilt cause I knew i was going to lie to all of them. I never wanted that they should know about my relationship with Zayn.
I know it's wrong but it felt so right.
"Once....he came to drop Asif after winter break" my lips trembled continuously.
I could feel my body temperature dropping down.  My hands were ice-cold.
"It's ok Harmony..you've done nothing"liam pacified me.
"Leave her mate enough of questioning" Naill took my hand and walked to the kitchen. Soon others too entered
"Princess does he know bout us??" I shook my head
"Listen love we'r just worried cause we  fear that it won't be good when he discovers that you know us ...so just try to meet him as less as possible and don't tell him anything about us..not even Asif"  lou pecked me on my cheeks.

"So at last everything is sorted out" Niall inhaled deeply
"Not yet"
"What now liam?" Niall cried
"Harry just call Ethan and tell him that it's no big deal"
Harry took his smartphone and went inside the other room to talk to Ethan in private.

"So any views about Zayn?"

"He seems good....but is  quite mysterious you know...he speaks less and is quite close to Asif ...he supports him in everything"

"Yeah he is a good man" liam closed his eyes to feel his own words.

"Don't fall for him love i know  he is unavoidable..... but ....he has a fishy personality....he justs imagines things and reacts" lou muddled.

"Hey.....potatoes" Harry called "Ethan has some of his business venture messed up so Harmony will be staying with till he comes back"
Everyone cheered.
"you all will ne bothered that way ...I can stay at my place"
"Ethan doesn't want you to live with Zayn or Asif" harry was tensed
"Oh come on love ...i have a football match dayafter. You all should come to see me ....I'll be playing for Rovers"
"Why not I'll love to" i hugged him tight.

"Hey it's  10 just have dinner now" harry called "princess by 10:30 you should be on your bed"
"Ok Harry" i answered back.
After dinner i applied medicine on my scar and  changed into some loose clothes so that it pains less.
"Night everyone" i called
"Good night....sweet dreams"
Liam answered and pecked my forehead
"Sleep tight love" lou pecked my cheeks
"Night Harmony....hope u dream about me" niall shouted from the other room
"I don't want to have horrific dreams naill" i joked
"Ok then get away i won't talk to you again"
"Oo little baby is upset.." i teased him.
"Enough Niall" Harry called "Good night sleeping beauty"
"what did i do ..She started it mate" Niall sounded quite crossed.
"Whatever" harry gigled

Louis P.O.V
Harmony was sleeping peacefully in my room. I saw that the oversheets had fallen off the bed . I went closer to cover her body.
I could she her white skin as her shirt was lifted up. She had a huge scar on her skin.  It looked quite fresh. I shrugged.

"Why are you so pale?"
I turned to see liam leaning against the door with his hands folded across his chest. I shifted aside so that he could see the answer. Definitely, he too shrugged.

"Did she fell down or something?"
"No" he nodded .
He moved a bit to lift her shirt and we noticed some more scars.
"It's deep and kinda fresh. She has applied some ointment on it"
"Come to the point"
"She needs to answer everything in morning"
"Obviously she will mate
..and just don't protect her this time...i think Harry did right acting a bit harsh"
He nodded silently.
"Is someone blackmailing her or something....it seems like she had been beaten up brutally ....i seriously feel it's something to do with Zayn or Asif " i spoke through gritted teeth

"Should we tell Ethan now?"
"No we should sort it  out  first amongst ourselves"
We covered her body and liam went to the other room and i dozed off next to her.

Suddenly my phone buzzed.  I squinted my eyes to check the ID . As the name flashing pierced into my eyes i lost the grip on my phone and it fell on the floor.

Happy birthday nialler ...... love you so much 💞💞