Hoping for the best

Third person P.O.V
The shot echoes throughout the house. Zayn closes his eyes tighter covering Harmony's body in his arms so as to avoid her being the  victim  of this wicket game of life. Soon a body collapses on the  floor. 
"Oh my God" harry covers his face in his hands.  But unexpectedly zayn opens his eyes and realises that Harmony is still in his arms and their layed the  lifeless body of Nicholas in a pool of blood on the  white marble. He looks straight to see Ethan lowering his gun; hands trembling.
"Are you both fine" Harry rushes to help zayn to pick  Harmony but he refuses to give his precious burden  to anyone. They both march forward to Ethan. Soon liam, Louis, Niall , Richard, Asif , Adam to join them
"He misguided us" Adam pointed at the soulless man on the floor "he  sent someone else to Bangkok on his place"
"We can talk about it later" liam asks everyone to move towards the car. But Ethan could barely move.  He was  still in shock about what had happened. He is a  killer now.
"I ..i killed a man" he hiccups
"He wasn't innocent" Louis trys to pacify him.
"Still murdering means imprisonment" he takes a long sigh "I have only you guys...whom i can trust with Harmony...please take care of her"
"Don't say that" Niall rests his head on his folded hands and closes his eyes.
"That won't happen...see these" Liam hands him Harmony's mother's  personal diary in which the tortures given by him were clearly mentioned. Harry too hands him the things found in Harmony's room like her diary and drawings even some of the DVD's of Harmony admitting the cruelty done to her were found. And most importantly he had tried to kidnap Harmony and by indirect means forced her to give up the company.  These proves were enough to calm Ethan down.
"It can be said that it was a defensive shot" zayn adds.
"Where Am I?" Harmony blinks her eyes rapidly adjusting the bright light entering into  her eyes.
As soon as her glance falls upon the strong tattooed arm of the only guy she trusted her smile widened
"Zayn" she hugs him. And then her eyes match with Ethan's . Tears prick the corner of her eyes
"You wanted me dead so that you could take control over the company" she holds zayn closer as to be  protected " you called him daily....you said that you don't love me from day one. All of this was just to gain my trust"
"It's all a lie" he moves forward to touch her but she withdraws her hand.
"It's true" zayn explains "it was our plan to misguide Nicholas.  Show that he is on his side. This helped us to extract necessary information. He trapped us by kidnapping you...so we played two games simultaneously to save you and his company also." Harmony was stunned.
"You're not my brother"
"I'm not....but I love you"
"Huh?"
"Love you as a sister" she smiled awkwardly thinking about what she'd actually thought for a moment.
"What about the meeting amongst you?" Harmony pointed at the four boys
"Distracting the media...as we all were together"
Now her heart insisted her to believe them so she hugged and  thanked all of them one by one.
"Your chloroform saved our lives" Asif showed her the can.
"I told you I'm a genius but you never believed" she laughs back
"You definitely are cause without that text we wouldn't have found you" harry says and that surprises Harmony cause she'd asked zayn not to tell anyone about  the text so she looks at zayn demanding the answer.
"I knew the reason behind that statement ..you didn't trust Ethan but I also knew the truth behind his actions" Harmony felt that zayn was correct so she nodded.
When everyone reached home Harmony was the centre of attraction . Everyone wanted to talk to her . Make her laugh. When Niall pulled her into one room Louis on other hand tried to pull her other arm. Ethan had to appear in court to answer his conviction. Liam and Adam accompanied him . Zayn kept on staring at Harmony enjoying those little moments of her life. Her smile, her actions and gestures were a true inspiration for Zayn. Her voice brought him back to life.  Listening to her made him alive than ever.  But he could never admit it. Not because of fear of her brother or society; not due  to age gap but due to fame. He wants her to live a normal life and make her own individual identity in the world and not to be known as zayn's something: so he decides to stay silent .
He thinks of becoming her secret admirer.

The next morning everyone gets up and find Zayn's empty.  His closet clear. He left.
"He's still so complicated" liam rubs his fingers on his chin.
"Was he angry with someone?" Niall enquires
"No" an instant reply was given by Louis
"He told me that he has his concert in London day after...he has to prepare for it" harry remembers that he told him while travelling.
"No one can understand what's going on in his head.... Mystery boy" Lou smile at his pet name.  A perfect description for Zayn.

"Wait for some time then maybe he comes back to us"
They all wished what Ethan said turns out to be true.  They all needed their dear friend as much as he needed him but both were afraid of confessions. Who in today's world bows infront of others? Who admits the mistakes he commits?
Only brave do. Only  the people who want success, and peace and happiness in life do.
Bowing infront of people you love in itself is a huge success. Asking for forgiveness and forgiving is  a game of some courageous people. And this is why only a few win in battle of life

Happy Birthday hazza ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️