Chapter 2

JENNIE

"It's my fault." I cried.

"Stop saying that." Chaeyoung comforted me.

"But if I hadn't sneaked out to go on a date, this wouldn't have happened." I sobbed

"It still would. Just on another day." I let go from her hug

"What do you mean?" She sighed

"Someone planned this, I don't know who but I have a gut feeling." I sniffed and looked at her

"Why would they target jisoo?"

"You really don't know?" My lips trembled

"She's kind to everyone, she's pretty, she's huwwaaaaah!" I sobbed again.

"Aisht. And you're supposed to be the smart one." I pouted

"My braincells is exclusive for acads. I don't know anything about conspiracy theories." Someone suddenly plopped herself beside chaeyoung, making me jump on my seat.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to scare you." I nodded in acknowledgment, my hand still over my heart.

"She gets scared easily, so don't surprise her or anything of sort."

"Copy that" she smiled.

"This is lisa, a new student. Lisa, this is jennie." I shook her hands and wiped my tears

"Do you guys have to be so hard to find though?" She looked around. We're currenlty in our secret spot so I was really surprised to see her.

"It's annoying out in the open. All eyes are on us and with what happened, who knows if we'll be the next targets." I explained

"That. And this has always been our secret girl place since forever. No boys aloud in here." I blushed and looked away. Chaeyoung squinted at me.

"You did not!" I chewed on my bottom lips

"Jennie Kim! Spill." I sighed. She won't let this go.

"We have nowhere to go. Almost every area is covered with cctvs and people talk." I stared at my nails like it's the prettiest

"You brought your boyfriend here?!" Chaeyoung fumed.

"You can show it to jimin if you want?" I bargained but it didn't work

"I barely talk to the guy, let alone have a date with him!" She sulked

"Wait, back up, what's so wrong with having a boyfriend? Won't your parents allow you?" I turned to lisa.

"It's complicated." She waited for me to continue but I shut my mouth.

"She won't tell but I know it's a Kwon." My head snapped to chaeyoung.

"It could be a park for all you know." I defended

"Well let's see why it's not. First, there's only two guys within our family here now. My brother, who is irrelevant, is already crossed out." Lisa inched closer to me

"Why does she always say her brother is irrelevant." She whispered

"They're twins. They still fight on who's the elder one." Petty, I know.

"Are you listening?" She has her hand on her waist.

"Yes, not suho cause he obviously likes jisoo. And definitely not irene cause you're like the rivals." Lisa narrated. So she was listening?

"Not me. Jennie's rival."

"Oh, my bad. Hehe" I stared at lisa and observed her.

"Anyway, that sums it up as to why not the parks. Unless..." chaeyoung dramatically looked at me in horror

"Unless you're dating me and I have no idea?" Lisa laughed.

"I love you, but I don't swing that way. I'm already reserved for jimin." Should I slap her?

"So yeah, it's definitely the kwons. But not MY kwon." She threatened by widening her eyes at me like what moms do when they want you to fake it tol you make it in family gatherings.

"

So he's crossed out. Yoongi just got here so he out too." Lisa joined in.

"We have Jin, Jungkook and Taehyung left." Chaeyoung snapped her fingers. I feel sweat starting to trickle on my sideburns.

"Wait." She gasped and looked at me like I did something wrong. Did she figure it out?

"I- I can expl-"

"You have a secret affair with jin and you planned this so their marriage won't got through. It all makes sense! You were the last person with her." My jaw dropped.

"Yeahhhh, it doesn't really make sense." Lisa flipped her hair.

"That is solid deduction!" Chaeyoung argued

"Except she has an alibi of where she might be which is on a date with this boyfriend we're guessing, when jisoo went missing and it coincides with the person who last saw her."

"And that person is?" I inquired

"Her groom to be, Kwon Seokjin, which is clearly not your boyfriend since he's not with you that time."

"What time was it? Are you sure jin was the last person who saw her?"

"You know something else." I looked at Chaeyoung then to lisa.

"That is what the cctv shows and it is also the last time she was seen by anyone unless..." lisa eyed me

"Unless what?" Chaeyoung asked

"Unless someone else had a different point of view." Lisa stood up and we followed to the small window.

"But what you can see from here is the back of the mall. Peopel barely show up there unless they're an employee."

"Or of authority." I continued.

"You don't mean my brother?"

"I saw sehun with jisoo that day."

"But he's irrelevant." I raised my brow.

"It would be too boring if he's the culprit! I will clear his name." Sometimes I don't know what's going on with her head.

"But how did you know it was after jisoo's meet up with jin?" I stopped walking back to our bed and looked at the two

"Omg are you really dating jin?" Chaeyoung has a hand on her mouth

"Cause jin called my boyfriend to join him with his brother." I was careful of my with my words, not to slip his name.

"Oh. Well that explains it. Lemme go catch that stupid brother." Chaeyoung left before we could even say a word.

"Interesting." Lisa smiled knowingly.

"Wh-what?" She shrugged.

"Your boyfriend was called to join jin and his brother." I don't see anything wrong with that sentence

"And?" She chuckled

"Seokjin onky has jungkook that time since yoongi wasn't still here." I froze when I realized.

"Who is it? Kwon Taehyung or Kwon Jimin?" She didn't wait for an answer and followed chaeyoung out.