Chapter 22

JAEWON

I can hear my breathing, I can feel the cold floor against my cheek and my palms.

My ears rang, and I hear screaming and gunshots. My eyes fluttered open and I see blood. It's my blood. I groaned when I feel something heavy on my shoulders.  A gun wound.

I slowly moved to sit, panting at the little action. I looked at the scene infront of me through my blurred vision. I shook my head, trying to clear it. I saw hoshi, I smiled. Kwons special source has arrived.

"Jaewon!" Seokjin rushed to me as soon as he saw me.

"You didn't need to help me." I grunted as he helped me up.

"You're losing alot of blood!" I snorted.

"This is nothing. I'm a kwon." He turned to me and smiled.

"Yes you are." I blinked away the tears. We were moving out when the gang leader who held me captive all those years aimed to shoot jennie. Taehyung saw and I know what he'll do. With the last ounce of strength I have, I pushed seokjin and moved to my feet.

If they missed before, they surely didn't now. Jennie screamed and taehyung looked at me with shock. Namjoon finished off the gang leader ad  I fell to the ground on my knees. This is it it. At least I've paid for my sins.

TAEHYUNG

Everything happened so fast. I saw the gang leader aim at jennie so I moved to block her and I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain but it never came.

I hear jennie scream and hugged my back, I opened my eyes and shocked to what I saw. Tears slipped to my eyes as he fell to the ground on his knees.

"Yah!! Why did you do that!!" I caughg him before his body could fall forward. He smiled and coughed up blood

"I forgive father." He coughed again and looked up to me.

"Forgive... me." He heaved and I shook my head.

"I should be the one to ask for forgiveness! Stay with me." I pleaded

"Taehyung..." I sniffed and looked at him

"My brother." I sobbed, clutching on to his as jennie cried with me by my side.

With his final breath, he smiled and whispered "I forgive you."

"No! Nooo!" I cried as he closed his eyes, his hand going limp, slipping from my hands.

"Jaeewooon!" I called out, like it'll bring him to life.

I can't accept it! All his life, he had suffered enough. He didn't deserve to die like this.

"I'm sorry." I whispered in his ear again and again.

I held on to him until the paramedics came to take him away. I cried in bended knees and punched the floor.

Someone grabbed my hands and genttlly patted it. I looked up to see my girlfriend, staring at me as she cried.

"It's gonna be ok." I grabbed her waist, pulling her to me and buried my face on the nook of her neck. She rubbed my back as I cried hard for the loss of my brother.

JISOO

My nose scrunched up from the weird smell, my brows furrowed as I try to remember what happened.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked to find myself in the clinic. It's been at least two weeks from the day I was saved. Jaewon, was given a proper burial where all the students attended.

I sighed and covered my eyes with my arms. "You fainted again?"

I looked to see jennie, chaeng and lisa. I smiled to lisa, she has been freed from her duties as the kims knight but decided to stay.

"Glad to see you're still around." She smiled

"Oh, can't resist the hot guys here." We laughed but rosé scoffed.

"My twin isn't hot!" She grumbled

"True. I prefer jimin." A new voice came and the curtain to my left was parted.

"Stay away!" Rosé glared and seulgi chuckled.

"Stop teasing her. You know how sensitive she is when it comes to jimin. She saw you kissing him afterall." Seulgi rolled her eyes

"That was ages ago! And that was even an accident." But rosé was not having any of it.

"Surprised my brother isn't chasing you around anymore." Jennie sat on my bed

"He's busy looking for that girl from the other school. What was her name again?"

"Hayi." I giggled. Hayi was the first ever to land a punch on hanbin's face, not even seulgi was able to do that.

"Anyway, it's a bit worrying that you keep on fainting." Seulgi looked at me worriedly

"The doctors assured me it's from the medicine and from the long days I stayed in comma. I was surprised I was able to run that day.

"Must be adrenaline but then yoongi carried you, so there's that." I blushed at the memory.

"Still heard nothing from him?" I shook my head. After that day, I haven't seen him nor taehyung.

"Have you heard from taehyung?" Jennie sadly shook her head no.

"Don't worry. Jimin assured me they're ok. They are just fixing things and they needed time to heal fro their loss." I never got to thank him. I fainted on the way out but I do remember someone brushing my hair and mumbling sweet words on my ear. I just know it was him. It was my first time seeing him, but I felt safe with him.

"With everything that happened, there will be changes around the school." We nodded.

We hear a clearing of throat and we all turned to the source.

"What are you doing here?!" Lisa grabbed jennie before she can laya hand on Irene.

Irene knelt down and cried. "I'm very sorry! I shouldn't have let my brother done that but he brainwashed me! Seokjin and I have been in a relationship when we broke up and I heard abkut his arranged marriage. I was angry adn suho kept feeding me things and–

"I forgive you." I stopped her

"You what?!" Jennie screeched

"It's all in the past but you can never gain my trust again." She frowned but nodded

"I understand." She stood up, bowed then left.

"Why did you forgive her?!" I rolled my eyes at jennie.

"It's tiring to have a grudge on your heart jen. Besides, we won't be seeing suho anymore knowing he can't get out of jail from all the cases against him."

"That, and it's all for the better." I nodded to lisa.