33. Summer Job

Kaylin
It's almost time for me to go to work which is at the convenient store where one of Uncle Fred friends own. I been working there since the last day of school which is I don't need to go anyways and my paycheck is good. I went on the bathroom do my Hydrine, went back in my room to put my work clothes on and went in the kitchen and grab the green apple.

"Kaylin, wait a minute." Uncle Fred said I turned around and let him remind me about the car.
"I already put the insurance in your car. You remember what I said couple of days ago." He said
"Yeah, keep it clean, don't let my drunk or high friends in my car and don't wreck them." I said remembering that having a car is an responsibility.

"That's right and make sure your car got enough gas in it." He said taking a sip of the coffee while he reading the newspaper. He told me to go head and head to work. I got in my car, put my seatbelt on, start the car and drive. I stopped by the stop sign to plug my phone on AUX cord and turn on Pandora and "I Ain't Mad At Cha" by 2Pac playing.
I Ain't Mad At Cha by 2Pac

Belmont Neighborhood
I pulled up to my summer job, turn my car off, got out and locked the door before I walked into the store. I walked into the store, say hey to Thomas and clock in before getting my job started which is stacked up stuff and clean up. Thomas is one of Uncle Fred friends who offer me a job 2 weeks before the end of my junior year and I accepted it.

I understand why Aunt Ro wants me to get me a summer job because I need something to do to keep me busy so I won't do no dumb shit with my friends like my dad and Uncle Marcus did when they was my age which is stealing snacks because they bored and ain't got shit else better to do.

While I'm stacking up the candy bars, I heard Thomas yelled what the hell did he do. When he hung up, he called me up.
"Kaylin, I'm going to need you and Caleb to watch the store until I get back. Dante got arrested." He said ready to whooped his son ass. Me and Dante used to be cool until 8th grade when he got involved with the gang that sells drugs at Hidden Valley. Since then, he been such a damn hothead.

He skips school, failing class, drinking at the young age knowing that he the same age as I am, hell he drink lean too. He got kicked out of Vance High School last year because him and his dumbass friends was smoking weed in the media center bathroom where everybody can smells it.

Caleb keep trying to tell his cousin to get out of the gang but he gets an attitude at him and telling him to shut the hell up but he be like screw it, that's on his ass. Now he's the high school dropped out who just mess around and went to jail and I don't know why.

As for me and Caleb, we still cool even he's turn 17 before me and goes to Harding, we still hanging out whenever we got time. While I'm sweep the floor, I saw Danny walking in.
"What's up y'all" He said about to get the hot Cheetos.
"Sup Dan" Caleb said.
"Where your uncle?" He asked
"He should be back in few minutes. Dante went to jail" Caleb said
"Why what did he do?" He asked
"I don't know" I said. Danny paid for the hot Cheetos and peach soda and left.

We continue doing our job until Thomas came back with the box of Bojangles and the cup. I'm assuming that he stopped by Bojangles and get him something to eat on his way back.
"Did you bail him out Uncle Thomas?" Caleb asked
"Yeah the bond is high." He said taking a bite of chicken wings
"What did he do?" I asked
"He broke in somebody house and beat up the older lady. "  He said.
"Damn, is that lady OK?" Caleb said.
"I hope so" He said taking a sip of whatever he drinking.

I can't believe him and his dumbass friends broke in somebody house and beating the hell out of the lady. I hope she doing alright after the beating. My uncle didn't raise him like that so I don't know what the hell is he thinking.

Couple of hours later
My shift is over. I gave Caleb and Thomas a dap and head out the door. Before I got in the car, Phylicia calling me so I got in the car and answer the phone before I start driving.
Phone Convo
Kaylin: Yo
Phylicia: Hey babe what are you doing
Kaylin: I just got off work and I got a car now so I'll come and get you around 5pm tomorrow
Phylicia: Are you serious
Kaylin: Hell yeah babe, Uncle Fred just put the insurance in it this morning
Phylicia: I got to get going
Kaylin: Okay
Phone Convo over

She kiss me though the phone and hang up. I start my car and head home and check the weather and make sure it's decent enough for us to have a picnic after work whens it's cool down some since its the middle of June and it's hot as hell outside.