39. Happy Birthday To Me

2 weeks later (Kaylin)
Today is my 17th birthday which is one more year before I becoming a grown man. My aunt planning on having a birthday dinner at China Buffett later today when I get off work. I look at my phone and everybody saying happy birthday including my mom since she never forget my birthday.

I went in the kitchen, grab the cereal bars and the can of orange soda from Food Lion since I'm about to get ready get work in 20 minutes.
Orange Soda

When I finish eating mixed berries cereal bar, I went in the bathroom, took a quick shower, brush my teeth and put my clothes on

When I finish eating mixed berries cereal bar, I went in the bathroom, took a quick shower, brush my teeth and put my clothes on. I grab my soda and keys and head out of the door.

Phylicia
Today is my baby's birthday so I'm going to the mall and get him a watch before the dinner tonight. He turned 17 2/12 months before I turn 17 which is on October 7th. Nicole on her way to come and get me so I went in the bathroom, took a quick shower and put on something simple since they will be at China Buffett.
Phylicia's outfit for dinner

When I'm done, I heard the honk and it's was Nicole

When I'm done, I heard the honk and it's was Nicole. I got in the car and put her seatbelt.
"How you doing?" I asked ain't talked to her in the while
"Fine I just got back from doctor appointment." She said
"Why what's wrong?" I asked
"I'm pregnant" She said as she makes the right on Statesville Ave/Rd
"Are you serious?" I said shocked
"Yeah I'm happy and scared at the same time. I thought about getting a abortion but Rico said no because he don't believe in abortion and willing to be there for the baby so I'm keeping it." She explains.

I found out that my bestie having a baby. She said she a month pregnant and she trying not to get stress out too much because it's not safe for the baby and it can cause miscarriage.
"So what are you getting for Kaylin's birthday?" She asked
"A watch" I said still ain't ready to give him my virginity yet.

We spend the rest of the ride talking about what I'm doing on his birthday until she pulled up to Northlake Jewelry (I made it up) a block away from the mall.

Few hours later
I'm in the living room waiting on my relatives to get ready for the dinner which is they almost ready. When they done, I got up and put my phone in the back pocket.
"Call Rochelle and let her know I'm on my way." Aunt Jennifer said. So I called her and she answers in 2nd rings.

Phone Convo
Rochelle: Hello
Phylicia: Hey Aunt Ro we just calling to let you know we one our way
Rochelle: Okay and remember we at the ones at University
Phylicia: Yes ma'am
Phone Convo

I told them which China Buffett they at and Uncle Marvin put them in GPS which is they give you wrong direction sometimes.

China Buffett University (Rochelle)
We at China Buffett for Kaylin's 17th birthday. I invited his mom, Phylicia, Marvin and Jennifer to dinner and they on their way. So I told them not to get the food yet because we waiting on 3 more people and we going to be praying before we eat.

Kaylin is almost an adult and he became a man as he is and not being a abusive jackass like his dad and Marcus since I kicked him out 2 weeks ago. Since then, everything gotten back to normal which is thank god so Kaylin won't have to clean up after him.

When Phylicia and here relatives came, she gave everybody an hug insept for Porsha because she gets ready to meet her.
"Mom, this is my girlfriend Phylicia Phylicia this my mom" He said as she gave her an handshake. After Phylicia meet Porsha, we prayed and then get our food since its the Chinese Buffett.

Phylicia
I'm at the bar getting me the shrimp and broccoli, chicken sticks and sweetie white rice as Kaylin's mom beside me getting her food.
"So Phylicia, when your birthday?" Porsha asked
"In October will be the same age as he is" I said

We getting to know each other better even I already know about her drugs problem since Kaylin told me. She may not be the best mom but at least she didn't choose a man over her kids. At least she didn't let none of sick son of a bitches molested Hope while she just sit there and watch.

I'm glad that she cleans herself up before she killed herself from drugs abuse. The most important things I learn from her is not to do the same thing as half of his family from her side did which is they was a teen parents. She pretty much told me the same thing as my relatives always told me when I'm with Kaylin.

Kaylin
Everybody seems to get along just fine expertly my mom and Phylicia. I went to the desert bar and get me the brownies, cake and ice cream and went back to the table where everybody sit at. After we ate about 5 plates and we gotten full, Aunt Ro paid for the food and left inspet for me and Phylicia.

She said she got something for me but that has to wait until we get to her house. Everything gotten back to normal since Aunt Ro went on the huge rampage like apes telling everyone to get out of her house including Uncle Marcus since he left the next morning couple of hours after Aunt Ro left.

We spend the rest of the ride silence, nothing but "Seven Days" by Mary J Blige.
Seven Days by Mary J Blige

I pulled up to her house as she turn the lights on so she can give me the birthday gift.
"What this?" I asked
"Open it" She said I opened the box and it's was the nice watch. I don't know how the hell she spend all that money but whatever I did appreciate that though.

She grab my face and kiss me which is It's turning into 5 minutes make out session. She broke the kiss told me buy and got out of the car. I turned the light off and drove home with music playing low.