Hell of A Show

“So let me get this straight-”

“Gay,” Lauren cuts in with a sly smile that Camila is quick to glare away.

“As I was saying,” Camila says in her confused tone from earlier, her face still scrunched as it had been since Lauren began explaining what she wanted to do. “You want me to pretend to date you?” she asks voice raising at the end of her question and eyebrows furrowing even further than Lauren thought possible.

“Well yes,” Lauren replies in a small voice, smirk growing back she continues playfully, “Weren’t you listening babe?”

Camila tries to ignore the pet name since Lauren has let it slip before but with the older girl’s recent idea Camila can’t help but blush slightly at the endearment. She hides the blush from Lauren though by shooting her a glare to be quiet again. “You want me to pretend to date you, solely to piss off your ex boyfriend - who by the way I never liked- for an undetermined amount of time to everyone we know?”

“Well… yeah basically that…” Lauren replies, rubbing at the back of her neck anxiously and trying to read her best friends tone. “I mean if you’re wondering what’s in it for you, I could pay you or something,” Lauren starts, ploping herself back onto her friend’s bed before shooting upright again with a smirk, “Oh! I could pay you in orgasms since I’ll be preventing you from dating anyone else, yeah?” and the cheeky grin on her face lets Camila know that although Lauren is just teasing she’s also 100% down to follow through with her offer.

“What’s in it for me… you mean besides getting to see Brad’s ego deflate and getting to hold the prettiest girl in school’s hand?” Camila questions with a quirked eyebrow after a few moments of silence that Lauren had been stressing her idea and her nerve to bring it up. “Lo you don’t need to pay me in anything, I’m shocked I didn’t think of it sooner,” she continues and Lauren lets out a laugh at her friends wording, while Camila laughs back at the fact that Lauren had been nervous at all. Camila had always hated Brad so why did Lauren think she’d ever give up an opportunity to embarrass the boy?

“So that’s a yes then?” Lauren asks raising her own eyebrows in question once they’ve both stopped laughing, watching Camila curiously as the girl moves from where she was standing to lie herself down next to Lauren, taking her time turning to face her before replying with a smirk on her face.

“We’ll have to put on one hell of a show Lo, but yeah, it’s a yes.”

-

It wasn’t anything Lauren had really planned. She just really hated her ex boyfriend. She hated his stupid accent and his stupid lack of lips and his stupid grabby hands and she hated that she had dated him at all in the first place. Camila always hated him and with everyone else Lauren had trusted Camila’s judgement entirely and not given them a chance. But Lauren had given him a chance, a longish chance (only two months but hey that’s longer than Luis’s two weeks). She doesn’t know why she dated him but she did and she didn’t let his annoying qualities get in her head because she didn’t want to hate him for some reason.

Ultimately they broke up because she found out he had hooked up with some girl Becky at a party that weekend. They fought about it because Lauren isn’t the type to just break things off when someone pulls such a dick move. He’d always been upset that Lauren wouldn’t put out. Honestly that’s the main reason Lauren’s confused that she stayed with him for so long. She was a virgin and wanted her first time to be special for fuck’s sake. But for some reason dumb Brad always asked and pestered whenever she so much as reciprocated a peck, claiming sex isn’t a big deal at all and he knows what he’s doing with a grin and holy shit how did Lauren date him at all?