The Wedding Gift (2/4) *

*Sexual Content*

“Hey, Camz!” Lauren called, seeing Camila rush through the airport, toting her extensively packed carry-ons on her back.

The younger girl had just gotten back into town from visiting her father, which turned out to be expectedly unsuccessful. After rushing home and packing her things - admittedly more than she probably needed - she sped off to meet her wife at the airport where they would finally set off on their honeymoon. Once she called Lauren, letting her know that she was just a few minutes away, the older girl promised to wait for her in front, even though the flight was set to take off in a mere forty-five minutes. Luckily, Lauren had already taken the liberty to get their suitcases checked and out of the way.

Camila put pep into her step as she spotted her wife standing patiently with her single carry-on, realizing that the two still had to go through security and make it to the terminal before their plane would leave.

She smiled upon seeing the older girl, immediately releasing her bags and pulling Lauren into a tight hug.

“I’m so sorry I’m late!” She apologized, planting a quick kiss on Lauren’s lips. “My dad… Oh my God, he was relentless this time!” She complained, gripping the straps of her bag as Lauren ushered her towards security.

"Did I come up in the conversation, by chance?” Lauren questioned sarcastically, knowing Camila’s father despised their relationship.

Camila looked at the girl, annoyed, rolling her eyes as they trudged along, standing in the long line for security. “Of course, you did. It wouldn’t have been a visit with my father if you hadn’t. God, he wouldn’t stop going on about how wrong I was and how much of an embarrassment I was going to be to the family.”

Lauren offered a sympathetic look to her wife as they waited in line. “He’ll come around, Camz…”

Camila shrugged, careless of whether her father would ever accept her lifestyle. For as long as she had been with Lauren he would voice his discomfort with her choice, claiming that it was unnatural for two woman to be together romantically. The guy was old-fashioned and Camila accepted that, but his off-handed comments about her wife never sat well.

“He did say it was a nice ring, though… That’s got to be a step, right?” She wondered aloud, gazing thoughtfully at her wedding band.

Lauren smiled, wrapping her arm around the younger girl’s shoulder and placing a chaste kiss on her temple. “It’s definitely a step, babe. Maybe he and I could even go golfing and talk about our conquests,” She joked, receiving a smack on the arm from her wife.

Little by little, they inched their way to the front of the line, sharing random banter all the while. They talked about how anxious they both were to get away from the chaos that was their lives in Miami and the possibility of staying on their honeymoon for a couple of extra weeks if work permitted it. The pair had long ago planned their honeymoon and both agreed that somewhere cold would suit them, as it would be a great escape from the heat in Miami.

After much consideration, the two decided that Whistler would be the perfect getaway. A trip out of the country was definitely needed - just cold enough, just in their price range, and just far enough away from their families.

Camila was gushing about how excited she was to try skiing and sightseeing around Canada while Lauren was more interested in the accommodations of the hotel suites and whether or not they offered room service after midnight. Camila knew she would likely have a hard time prying Lauren out of bed, but the older girl would relent eventually and share in the excitement of the adventure along with her wife. Lauren, on the other hand, had it in her head that she would be able to convince her wife to relax a little and share in the serenity of their hotel suite, knowing it would take some persuasion but figuring Camila would break after a quick flash of Lauren’s signature pout.