Hidden Keys

“I’m going home.” Lauren said, standing up from the couch. Camila and her had just talked about some of Camila’s classmates and that she was going to a dinner with them. She invited Lauren, but the green eyed had to study for a important test that would happen on the following morning and she couldn’t go.

Lauren knew it wasn’t Camila’s fault that she had to study and couldn’t go. Camila did her part, she invited her girlfriend to join her, but to Lauren’s jealousy, it didn’t really matter. She was going to stay home while her stunning girlfriend would be at a dinner surrounded by people that would subtly stare at her perfect butt held by a tight dress all night and Lauren was already rolling her eyes.

“Lauren! Why do you always do this?” Camila asked sitting up on the couch since her cozy cuddler left her there alone. Lauren was putting her combat boots, sitting on the armchair next to the front door of Camila’s apartment. Camila knew Lauren pretty well to know that she was jealous.

“You can’t keep ‘I’m going home’ every time you get jealous because then you will never be here!” Camila said annoyed and huffed. Lauren stopped and looked at her.

“Are you saying that I’m jealous all the time?” Lauren asked, standing up, ready to leave and crossed her arms.

“You are jealous all the time.” Camila shrugged. She stood up too and mirrored Lauren’s position, crossing her arms.

“That’s not true.” Lauren said simply. She knew that was true, obviously.

“Really?” Camila chuckled and Lauren rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Yesterday you were jealous of the thirteen-year-old who said she liked my ankle boots.” Camila raised her brows, staring at Lauren.

“She was staring at you for like… five minutes.” Lauren made a face and rolled her eyes again. “And I was eating, so she was kind of staring at me eating, I hate that.” She shrugged.

“Sure.” Camila nodded and did everything to don’t smirk.

“What?” Lauren asked, knowing every inch of every expression Camila could show her.

“Nothing.” Camila shook her head and pretended to be indifferent about it.

“You’re also very jealous!” Lauren defended herself after a while of silent stares.

“Not as much as you thought.” Camila replied simply and Lauren sighed. She turned to open the door and leave.

“Bye, Camila.”

“Lauren!” Camila yelled and followed her girlfriend’s steps, walking out the apartment.

“I don’t want to bug you with my crazy jealousy.” Lauren said and gave Camila a sarcastic smile while going down the stairs. Camila stopped at the top of the stairs and watched her taking distance.

“Lauren…” Camila sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Bye.” Lauren said and walked out the building.

Lauren didn’t know why she did that. If she couldn’t be with Camila on that night, she should enjoy every second with her when she could, but there she was, going home to do nothing.

Blame on her impulses.

“I can’t believe this…” Lauren shut her eyes and tossed her head back when she got to her apartment and her keys where nowhere to be found in her pockets.

“Fucking stupid, Lauren.” She mumbled to herself and shook her head. She had walked eight blocks to get there and now she had to go back to Camila’s because she forgot her keys there. “Now she’ll think you did it on purpose to go back there because you can’t stay five minutes away from her.” She thought and huffed in irritance. She was back at the sidewalk, heading to Camila’s. “What is true… but anyway, you’re stupid.