Open My Door (2/3)

“So let me get this straight. Lauren wants you to help her prep for her date with Keana…” Normani trailed off as she quirked her eyebrows together. Camila had told her friends about her little talk with Lauren in the library. The soccer player asked Camila for assistance on how to impress Keana on their first date. Although, Camila was not really thrilled and comfortable on the idea of helping Lauren get a girl, she couldn’t refuse the green-eyed girl’s pleads. She needed to be okay with the idea of Lauren dating again, just like the girl was when she announced Hailee as she girlfriend.

“Yup.” Camila hummed as she took a bite from her apple. She sat with her legs crossed on Dinah’s bedroom floor.

“And what did you say…?” Ally asked cautiously.

“I said yes.” The brunette replied calmly. Normani and Ally stared at each other while the Polynesian faced her closet as she pretended to look for clothes. Dinah moved some of her shirts around while she listened to Camila talked. Blood boiled in her veins when she heard the girl’s response. She wasn’t a fan of the two girls dating other people but she needed to live with it.

“This is bullshit.” Dinah muttered under her breathe. She crumpled a top with her hand and violently shifted it to the other side.

“Did you say something, China?” Camila looked past her two best friends to glance at the tall girl. Dinah remained quiet and shook her head. Ally and Normani knew how Dinah felt about the situation and decided not to say anything to the brunette.

“Anyway, Lauren is suppose to pick me up tonight… in about two hours.” Camila looked at her phone and sighed. She used her hand to comb through her hair as she got up from the floor. “I need to get ready.”

“Do you need help?” Ally queried.

“Yeah we could help you pick out a dress or do you hair… or something?” Normani perked up.

“Guys I appreciate the effort but it’s not really a date.” The brunette said knowingly. As much as she wished it was, it wasn’t. She hugged the two goodbye and made a move to the tall girl but Dinah rushed out the door before she got to her. Camila turned to the two girls and raised an eyebrow at them. Both girls shrugged and flashed a sad smile. She nodded and decided to look for the Polynesian.

“Dinah…” Camila called. “Dinah.”

She walked around the house and finally found the girl sitting on the staircase near the front door. The Polynesian had her head bowed down with her hands clutching it close to her knees. Camila crouched down and untangled the girl’s limbs. She raised Dinah’s head so that her doe eyes could lock into Dinah’s weary ones.

“Hey.” The brunette uttered.

“I hate this.” Dinah admitted causing Camila to furrow her eyebrows in confusion. The Polynesian noticed and gave out a loud exhale. “I hate what happened to you and Lo. I hate that you guys have to pretend to like each other for us. I hate seeing you both get hurt when you’re with other people. I hate having to choose sides. I hate this.”

Camila draped an arm around the tall girl and pulled her closer. She rubbed her arm soothingly as Dinah rested her head on the brunette’s shoulder.

“Dinah, you don’t have to worry about Lauren and I. We are both adults and we can handle our situation okay? I’m helping her with the goodness of my heart. I wasn’t forced nor do I have to pretend. Okay?” The brunette reassured the Polynesian.

“Okay.” Dinah agreed lowly. “I just wish… you guys could have worked things out.”

“Yeah, me too.” Camila kissed the top of Dinah’s head before getting up and walking towards the door. “Talk to you later, China. I’ll tell you how it goes.”