A Month Gone

Author's POV.

El wasn't feeling too good. She cut eggos out her system and was barely eating. Hopper tried his best to get her to feel better. She wouldn't take the medicine. He was force it in her mouth. She wouldn't talk to him afterwards. It would take 7 hours to talk to him again. He would tell her he would stop her from seeing Mike and the gang.

El wasn't happy for days. A month went by and El was still not getting better. Max would visit but El wouldn't open the door.

Eventually, Mike came round after being away for a while and El was too upset to see him. He didn't leave the house till she spoke to him. Hopper came round and told Mike to go home as she isn't seeing anyone.

This made Mike feel terrible. What did he do to her to make her not see or speak to him?

-

El was alone and watching TV in the main room. Cuddling her teddy bear and feeling the irritating pain. She turned her head and thought about eating. She got up and strolled to the kitchen. She looked through the cupboards and fridge. She came across the plastic bag hoping food was inside that Hopper left. She reached over and opened the bag. She peered inside and saw the most confusing box she's ever seen.

There was a knock on the door and this disturbed El. She turned her head to the door.

"El! It's Nancy! Mike isn't here. I thought you might want a girly chat?" She said through the door. She slowly walked over to the locked door, pressing her ear near the door. "You've been ill haven't you? I need to see you and have a chat. This is important El. You don't know how much." El was beginning to get worried. The tone in Nancy's voice was worrying. "Please." She begged. Nancy looked down at the bag she had in her hand and put it down on the floor. "Okay. I've left the bag near the door." Nancy walked away and El waited awhile before opening the door and checking if the coast was clear. She picked the bag up and shut the door. She went to the table and opened the bag. She noticed a box inside and read out what the box said.

"Test. Pre-preg...nancy. Pregnancy test." She said at a time. She turned the box and read the instructions. Trying to. She had an idea what to do with it. But she didn't need to go to the toilet. El started running the tap and collecting herself a cup and filling it up with water. El waited a while, drinking the water at a time.

-

El got up and grabbed the box off the side. She went to the toilet and opened the box. She pulled out the stick and appeared at it. She read a note left inside.

'El, you pee on this stick and wait for 3 minutes for the results. Be careful and don't saw Hopper. Nancy x'

El took the lid off and stick the stick between her legs. She waited awhile till she fully sure she had all her urine on the stick. She pulled out, putting the cap on and washing her hands whilst waiting for the results.

(3 minutes later)

El lift the test up and peered at the screen. The screen having 2 lines, acknowledging she was pregnant. El swallowed a lump inside her throat. What could this mean? Was El going to become a mother? How was she going to hide it from Hopper. She was in big trouble.

--------

Who enjoys the authors POV. If you want the characters POV, vote this chapter. I'll change later in the story so El had her points and everyone else.