The Party Shrinks

Mike's POV.

I have noticed since Hopper found out about El's pregnancy, she moved in with Will and his family. Will finally knew and promised to keep it a secret. But I was more concerned about Dustin and Lucas. They'll go mad if they find out they were last. Maybe they'll understand. I'm gonna get them two together to discuss this.

"Lucas! Dustin! We need to meet up. It's urgent." I said into my supercomm.

"What is it Mike?" Dustin said into the comm.

"I can't say. You guys meet me in the AV room today." I tell them both."Lucas are you there? Over." I wait for a respond off Lucas.

"I'm here. Over."

"Great. See you both there. Over and out." I end the call and race out on my bike to the AV club at school. I have free period so that explains why I wasn't at school.

-

I was at the AV club first. I waited and waited. My nerves hitting sky high. They won't believe me. They'll just turn against me. No! Get those negative thoughts out.

"Okay Mike." Lucas enters the room along side Dustin.

"What took your time?" I asked getting a little irritated.

"Sorry. I had a lesson when you called. I couldn't walk out on it." Lucas blurted out. "Besides what's wrong with you."

"You wasn't in Mr Clarke's lesson." Dustin spoke.

"I couldn't go in. Besides, this is important and I need you to listen." I close the door behind them and sit in the table. The boys share a look before taking a seat. I leaned forward. My elbows on my lap and looking forward. "So, it's been months and I know you guys are suspicious about it all. Seeing as El hasn't been hanging out much with us and why she has moved into Will's."

"Wait!" Dustin said. "Will's?"

"Didn't you guys know?"

"No! Will isn't coming in either. He's off sick." I shake my head.

"It's not that. He can't come in because of the El reason."

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asks.

"Haven't you notice Max has been acting weird?"

"Yeah but I thought it was me?" Lucas blamed.

"No. It's about El."

"What about her?" Dustin asks.

"Come on Mike. We can handle it."  Lucas spoke.

"Like, what can't we handle?" Dustin butted in. Here goes nothing.

"El's pregnant." As I said those words, Lucas' head turned towards me and stared hard at me. Dustin looked down in disbelief.

"No! Can't be! You have to...." Dustin spoke. "Wait... You and El?" I nod. I know what Dustin was getting at.

"Wait! So you're telling me, you and El had sex and now she thinks she's pregnant?"

"No! She is pregnant. The full test and everything. She's really pregnant and it's all because I didn't have protection." Dustin looked down even more. Lucas still wrapping his head around it all.

"Okay. So who else knows then?" Lucas asks.

"Nancy knew before me, then me, Max...."

"Oh great!" Lucas turned in anger.

"...Hopper, Joyce, Will and now you two." I finish telling.

"Okay. But why tell us. Now?!" Dustin asked.

"Because I hate lying to you both. Friends don't lie."

"Yeah but you all lied. And that's one thing in the group we do not do." Lucas was serious about all this.

"I'm sorry Lucas. But she begged me to keep it a secret. She doesn't know if she wants to keep it." Both of them oil to me.

"So abortion?"

"No! I mean when it's born. She might not take on the roll of being a mother."

"She's 14 Mike. You're 14 yourself and you're becoming a dad." Lucas began to argue.

"Exactly. I'm trying to show you what happens when you don't take things in precaution. Teaching you a lesson so when it comes to you and Max..."

"Don't!" Lucas exclaimed. "We are nothing like you and El. Max doesn't have powers and what happens when that baby is born and starts developing powers?" I shrugged. I didn't know how to argue that point. "So you know that this is dangerous for us and the Party."

"Yes! And I just wanted to tell my besties friends everything. Friends don't lie."

"But you do." Lucas said.

"I already covered that." I told. "Please... Just find it in your hearts to forgive me." Lucas had anger on his face. Dustin has no emotion on his face. I hated how this came out. It was terrible. How was I going to convince the boys to join and become part of this all. I was going to find a way somehow.