Are You On Our Side Or What?

Eleven's POV

"That's great isn't it. There's people out there to take the mind flyer down." Mike spoke.

"They won't be strong enough. Me and El aren't strong enough." Kali told Mike. "Besides why did you come?"

"He's the father to my son and I wouldn't go nowhere without him. Mike worries about me and I try to tell him I'm okay. But I do need the help. And..." I look to Noah. Turning to Kali and putting my hand hiding. My lips and the words. "I don't want Noah involved in this. He needs to stay out of all of this."

"Mommy!" I look to Noah. "I can hear you. And if I can help I want to. Just let me prove it to you."

"Noah..." I walk over and lean down to his level. "I care about you. So much. I aren't risking your life and powers to save me. If we find the others we can all take the mind flyer down. Just please, stick with daddy till we can figure this all out." Noah looked disappointed for a moment. His mind thinking that he wanted to help me and the others. He looked up as he eyes filled up with saddness. I leaned in and hugged Noah. Seeing like that breaks my heart.

"El?" Mike calls. I look to Mike and then to where he was looking. I turn and see Kali walking off. I leaned up and grabbed Noah's hand as we followed Kali.

"Kali! Kali, wait!" I called. She got inside our car. "Kali! Are you on our side or what?" I said pushing through the window. She looks to me.

"Of course. I lost my friends and the purpose I have at the moment is slim. So, I'm going to help you. Get in because Im not sticking around for long." Kali turned to face the front. Her hands on the stirring wheel. I got Noah and sat him in the back. Mike got in the other side behind Kali. I sat beside her. Noah behind me. "Are you all ready?" Kali asks. I look to Mike and he looks back at me.

We put our seat belts on as the car starts. We're in for a long ride ahead.