Is It Possible?

Eleven's POV.

After the gang meet up. I felt safe afterwards. I felt like I could depend on them to keep me and my family safe. My little family. Me, Noah and Mike.

We made it back to Mike's house and I bonded with Mrs Wheeler over Noah. Mike would look at me from across the room. Mr wheeler wanted words with Mike so that's why he was across the room from me.

Hopper called saying he wanted me home. Which meant a goodbye to grandma and grandad wheeler.

-

When we got home. I put Noah to bed. I made sure he as fed. I watched over him trying to figure out how I can keep him from the danger of Hawkins. We could leave Hawkins. That's something we could do when the time gets bad. I don't know what brings it back but whatever does, I hope they know what they are doing. I'm hoping they will be found out before the gate opens. If it ever opens again.

"El?" I turn and meet Mike. He walks in and stands beside me. His arm round my waist. Hand resting against the cot. "Are you okay?" He asks. "After today?"

"I'm fine." I answer.

"You're not scared at all."

"I am a little. But its giving me time to prepare. I have 5 years till I know for sure when it happens." I look back at Noah. Something crossed my mind. What if I could invite Mike into the void with me to witness the horror I saw and maybe we can communicate with 5 year old Noah.

"Mike?" I call.

"Yeah."

"I want to try something."

-

I prepared myself again. Mike sat on front of me. He had a blind fold too. I didn't even know if this is possible but I wanted to try. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't.

"You sure it will work?" He asks.

"I don't know." I answer.

"If you feel weak or under pressure. Tap out." I look to Mike after he finished what he was saying. "I'm just looking out for you." I hold his hand.

"I know. But you need to trust me." He breaths and nods.

"Okay." We begin to blindfold ourselves. We hold our hands out and hold hands. I focused on the static sound. Sending me in the void. I was eyeing the emptiness. I look beside me.

"Mike are you trying?" I ask.

"I'm trying." He answers back. I heard his voice outside the void. Sounding echoing.

I focused on Mike trying to bring him through. I open my eyes and there I saw Mike. He was in front of me.

"Mike!" I say.

"El!" He says surprised. "Wait! This is what the void looks like?"

"Yes." We heard echos as we walked around. Holding hands.

"What now?" He asks. I stop. He stops and looks to me. "El!"

"Sh!" I turn slowly and saw the cot. "Noah!" I let go of Mike and walked to the cot. Inside there was nothing. "Mike!" Mike approaches the cot.

"What?"

"Noah! He's not there." I say looking to Mike.

I took off the blind fold and rushed to the cot. There was Noah. I breathed out with relief. "He's fine. Mike!" I turn and see him in the void still. "Mike!" I shake him and he took off the blind fold. He looks to me and we hug each other.

"Where was you? I saw something." Mike told me in the hug. I broke away.

"What?" I say. He looked scared and worried. This made me worried. "Mike! What did you see?"