Chapter 6: Solo

This chapter gave me a really hard time and took forever (I ended up splitting it into two). It's full of action, which is really difficult and tricky for me to write, so thank you for your patience!

------

Music glossary:

Solo:
A piece or a section of a piece played or sung featuring a single performer

~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*

(Mood Music: Sergei Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet: Dance of the Knights)

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS, CHLOE BOURGEOIS!!" the monster bellowed, angrily stomping down the street adjacent to the park where Adrien, Marinette, Nino, and Alya had been picnicking together. In the mayhem that began with the appearance of the akuma, he'd lost track of Marinette.

His head whipped in all directions looking for her, struggling to stay calm as he and Alya carried an injured Nino, rushing away from the conflict. Nino's leg had been crushed under the falling rubble of a gazebo that they'd been hiding behind. The akumatized person had destroyed it as he zoomed through the park, trampling everything in his way while Ladybug tried to stop him from reaching the Grand Paris Hotel, where Chloe was no doubt hunkering down.

Adrien tried to bury away the memory of his best friend trapped under the debris, screaming in agony, face twisted in pain, and yet imploring, begging them to run and leave him behind; Alya's shrieking, frantic and distraught, on the verge of hysteria. Right now he needed to focus and get his friends to safety.

Nino grunted in pain but declared optimistically, "It's alright, guys. Ladybug's gonna beat that guy and fix everything." He lowered his head slightly so it would be level with his girlfriend's and tried to reassure her, "It'll be okay, Alya, don't worry."

Alya replied, still teary and shaken, "But she's bleeding and I think I saw her running with a limp! I've never seen an akuma like this before... And what if Chat Noir shows up?!"

Adrien felt his stomach drop at the mention of Chat Noir. It always made him uncomfortable when he heard other people talk about his alter ego.

"I don't know if she'd be able to handle both!" Alya continued, glancing over her shoulder at the battling duo. "If only there was some way for us to help."

Nino stammered, unsure of how to comfort her. "I-- umm..."

"Let's just focus on getting Nino out of here," Adrien interrupted. "Ladybug's tough, she can handle herself."

...I hope.

Adrien's mind went back to Marinette and his eyes darted around to resume his search.

"Guys, I'm really worried about Marinette. Where could she be?" he asked the pair. "I searched the gazebo to make sure she wasn't trapped underneath, but what if something else happened to her?"

"I heard her yell that she was gonna go get help," Nino replied quizzically. "But I was too distracted by the akuma, so I'm not sure where she ran off to."

Alya shrugged with her unoccupied shoulder. "It's okay, Adrien, this happens all the time during akuma attacks. With her luck she probably got stuck in a bathroom stall or something while trying to hide." More quietly, she added, "Still... let's keep our eyes peeled. That girl has a penchant for trouble sometimes. I'm sure we'll find her where we least expect it."