Chapter 44

Ramadan Mubarak Jaans

Cover by My Jaana Nandinixxmanik

Chapter 44

"Yes" Madhu replies with a confused smile looking at the tall old man towering over her

"Can we sit?" His words voicing out with a tip of his tongue in greediness while ogling at the luxury interiors .

Madhu shakes her head lightly while indicating him to take seat while she slumps herself on the couch opposite to his .

"Madhu" He calls her fondly "Can You remember –the way we played when you were young?"

Madhu looks at him confused "Hmm—I—am –sorry –I do not have any memory"

Kali lets out a slight chuckle "How would you--You were just 8 or 9 back then"

"How are you Madhu?"

"I am Fine" Madhu replies timidly

Kali shifts on his couch uncomfortably as Madhu gazes at the man in front of her trying to decipher the look in his eyes and why is he here in the first place .

Meena maa walks in with a tray of coffee . She passes it swiftly to Kali who thanks her . Meena maa tries to walk in but Madhu holds her wrist and shakes her swiftly with a nod with a silent plea in her eyes asking her to stay.

Meena maa pats Madhu's head while taking a seat beside her .

Kali sips his coffee while having an eye on Meena and Madhu who were having a conversation while whispering to each other .

"Hmm—Madhu" He clears his throat "Do you remember that me and your maa had a restaurant on partnership long back in the name 'The Rolling Pin' ?"

Madhu scoots closer to Meena maa with the mention of her mother "Yes" She whispers softly

Meena presses Madhu's palm tightly while assuring her still wondering while Kali is fumbling When he had told her he is Madhu's father

"Kaliji-Can I know why you are here?" Madhu asks directly without beating the bush

Kali leans forward while holding Madhu's other palm while She jerks a little shocked "Has your Mom spoken about me?—about your real father?"

"I am your real father –Madhu!"

Madhu's eyes widens as she pulls back her hand , Meena maa gets surprised to see Madhu's reaction , She places her hand on Madhu's back while soothing her

"No--- You and Maa-no" She says fumble while shaking her head

"We both were late in realizing our feelings – It happened too fast that I was out of mind and your mother got married to Malik"