Just for Tonight

Katsuki Bakugou 

What is he doing? Bakugou watched as Izuku fumbled for his words. He was sitting in Bakugou's bed, wrapped in his blankets. His green curls were messy and framed his face perfectly. Bakugou couldn't help to think he was quite beautiful in his own stupid way. When Izuku passed out in the arcade, Bakugou thought it was his heat hitting again. Although it was passed almost 2 weeks ago, the thought scared him. He hated the thought of the omega being in pain, and even worse, the thought of him not being able to control himself around this specific omega in heat. When Bakugou sniffed the air, realizing no scents were coming from the boy, it only brought more concern. Bakugou kept a cool face, and went to the boy's side. He carried Izuku to the car, drove his group back to school, and carried Izuku to Bakugou's room. He normally would have taken him back to his own room, but he wanted to know what the hell was going on. It is not like Izuku to pass out randomly, he had never seen this happen before. What made it all worse, he could not smell Izuku. There was no crisp apple scent, just the faint smell of his shampoo. 

Bakugou snapped out of it when he heard Izuku speaking.

"E-Ever since we stopped scenting and stuff, and we agreed to let the scent mark fade... I have been feeling really... um... lonely is the only word that seems to fit the feeling. Like, I can't focus on things and I j-just wanna be c-close to you...."

Bakugou watched the stuttering boy in his bed. His face was red, but that is normal, Deku always blushes. Suddenly, Izuku's words came crashing down on him. Izuku felt lonely since we stopped scenting? That is normal. Izuku wanted to be around Bakugou and close to  him? That is also normal. Bakugou knew all these things, but how come Deku was so ignorant about this topic? He had been given education on this stuff right? Bakugou's mind wandered around and he finally knew what Izuku was asking. He wanted to know if Bakugou missed him too. The fucked up part is that he did. He missed being around the shitty nerd a lot. But he knew it was because of the scent mark, and that Izuku had his heat while being claimed by him, but did not get to spend his heat with the alpha that claimed him. It was a really rough time for an omega and to basically have been claimed and then ripped away from the other person, that could cause really bad feelings and depression. 

Izuku was finally healing though. It had been 5 days since the two decided to let the scent fade. They just needed to make it a couple more days and then things should go back to normal. Bakugou needed to be strong for Izuku, it was his fault for being so irresponsible and claiming him in that vulnerable state. Bakugou had to lie. As much as he wanted to run up and scent the sad boy, calming him down like they did all those years ago as children, he knew he couldn't. Izuku did not want a relationship with Bakugou, and if he did, Bakugou knew he would be a shitty partner. It's best to just rip the bandage off fast. So, that it what he did.

Through gritted teeth, he shot a cold glare at the boy sitting in his bed.

"No, I haven't felt anything like that." Bakugou growled and turned away. He had to get out of here, fast. A burning feeling lit in his stomach and he grabbed his shoes and ran out of the room, leaving Deku alone and probably confused. He needed to get out of here. Bakugou threw his shoes on and decided to go on a run. Running always seemed to help ease his mind, but this time, he knew it wouldn't help much. The truth is, Bakugou was feeling just as lonely. Like something had been taken away form him. He knew he did not own Izuku, he isn't gay and he doesn't even have feelings for Izuku like that. Sure, he wanted to be close to him but it is just because Bakugou is an alpha and Izuku just so happens to be an omega. Fucking biology. Alphas and omegas are literally made to be together. His body was reacting to the boy without him even really knowing it. 

Bakugou had never really been interested in girls or dating. He had kissed a few girls in high school and middle school but never really was into it. He met a few omega girls as well, sure their scent was enticing but again, it never really ticked all his biological boxes. It freaked him out to no end when he reacted so strongly to Izuku. He kissed him and was basically rutting him like a dog in heat. The thought made him want to puke. Izuku used to be his best friend and he ruined that by being a complete dick to him after presenting as an alpha. He couldn't really help it though. His hormones were all over the place, his alpha instinct telling him to take charge, dominate, and overpower any weaker thing around. He had felt out of control of his body for a good 2 years until he started to have better schooling targeted to alphas. But, by then the damage was done and him and Izuku had stopped talking.