Distance

Katsuki Bakugou

It has been a week and Kirishima still has not shut up about the fact that Kami is his fated mate. They both proudly sport their mate marks and have been attacked at the hip ever since their bonding was completed. It was making Bakugou rather tense considering that he was the only one that was in a relationship with an Omega. Things were different with him and Izuku than other couples. Izuku was like a whole different breed to deal with. He had heat cycles, different emotional needs and physical needs. It kept him on his toes and although he is in love with Izuku, it tugs at his heart in a not-so-nice way when he hears about fated mates. It makes him worry that he will lose Izuku because they could not be fated. Bakugou's birthday is in one month, he will turn 18 and detect his fated mate in one month. His mind can't help but worry, what if it is not Izuku?

Since it is the weekend, Izuku and Bakugou have been lying in bed for a few hours longer than they would any other day. Izuku had taken a new habit of spending the night with him almost every night, not that he minded at all. He loved the feeling of falling asleep with his boyfriend wrapped around him and waking up to the drooling boy next to him or on top of him. Izuku was a wild sleeper, he would end up in weird positions or with his head at the foot of the bed some mornings. It was just another thing that Bakugou loved about him.

"Morning Kacchan." his boyfriend mumbled and placed a kiss on his cheek, waking him up from his sleep.

"Tsk, more like afternoon." Bakugou smirked and rolled over on his side, wrapping Izuku in a hug and placing a kiss on his head.

"Yeah, it sure is nice to sleep in for once." he hummed and Bakugou nodded his head, agreeing.

"What do you want to do today?" Bakugou asked, running his hands down Izuku's bare back, tracing random patters and making Izuku purr under his touch.

"I don't know, we could go on a date? Wanna go to a cafe for lunch?" Izuku asked and nuzzled into his shoulder. He sounded excited and it made Bakugou smirked, Izuku loved going on dates. They had been on one a few days ago to an ice cream shop. Although Izuku had agreed to say he was a beta if anyone asked, Bakugou was still not used to the whole public relationship thing. He was waiting for someone to find out.

"That sounds fine with me." Bakugou yawned and unwrapped Izuku's arms from his waist before rolling out of bed. Izuku whined and pulled the covers up to stay warm, he only chuckled at how his boyfriend acted.

"Where are you going?"

"To shower, nerd. Wanna come?" Bakugou smirked, looking over his shoulder back at Izuku who was in bed still. He saw his face turn pink, but he quickly shot out of bed making him laugh.

"Sure." Izuku said and followed him to the bathroom. They had showered together yesterday, and it was interesting, nothing happened at all really. It was just a shower, Bakugou washed Izuku's hair and Izuku washed Bakugou's hair as well. Izuku had wanted to do things but he refused them, saying he was tired and just wanted to pamper his boyfriend with a hair wash.

The truth was, Bakugou was feeling strange about doing things with Izuku when he could be ripped away at any moment. Ever since Kirishima found his fated mate, it made him realize just how close he was to either having his happy ending or it being ripped away from him. He didn't want to make things weird between him and Izuku just for fate to split them up.

After their shower, they both got dressed and headed out to a cafe that was a few miles off campus. Izuku was holding his hand as they walked and Bakugou ran his thumb over his knuckles as their hands swung between them. Izuku had seemed a bit shocked an hour ago when Bakugou turned down another opportunity for sexual offers. Granted, it was odd that the alpha did not want to get off when it came to Izuku, but he was too stressed about things to really worry. Izuku was starting to get frustrated as well, he could tell. It had been a week with no touching, only a few kisses here and there.