A Long Week

Katsuki Bakugou

Izuku slept on Bakugou's shoulder the rest of the drive to the training camp. When the class arrived, they were greeted by the other professors and were given room assignments. There are 6 cabins spread throughout the forest location. The class will be split up in groups of 2, each pair will share a cabin for one week, during this week they will live on their own, each cabin is stocked with food, water, and supplies. There will be attacks that will occur randomly at different locations, carried out by robots that one of the hero's can create. Aizawa also told us that students are allowed to raid other cabins for supplies as well, although we are told to refrain from using unnecessary force on other students. The reason the teachers are splitting the class up is so they all get to know one another more and have more opportunities to learn how to work with different dynamics and quirks.

"Alright brats, gather around and listen closely. I have a basket and will draw the pairings, these are random selections obviously, so whomever you are paired with, there is no switching around. We will also give you a map with the location of your cabin so you can head off towards your site and get set us. Remember you all will have an emergency phone to call if there is a serious threat or one of you gets injured. You are all on the way to being ranked heroes one day, we are treating you like adults, so act like it. Be prepared for attacks, defend your location, learn to support one another, and don't get overworked." Aizawa gave his speech and the group looked both rearing to go while some looked quite nervous about being on their own.

Bakugou was not nervous about this training activity at all. He might only be 17 years old, but he is used to taking care of himself. Years of training and being independent have prepared him for this task. Too bad, he would probably do better being on his own than having a shitty partner to worry about.

"Alright, on to the pairings!" Aizawa reached into a basket and pulled out to cards at a time, calling each group out and then sending them off with a map and emergency cell phone.

"Kirishima and Kaminari."

"Asui and Momo."

"Todoroki and Tokoyami."

"Uraraka and Mina."

"Midoriya and Bakugou."

"Iida and Mineta."

Bakugou stiffened as he heard his name being called with Izuku's. Why are they even being allowed to team up after everything that happened? Oh wait, they wouldn't have if it wasn't for the random drawing of names. Bakugou saw Izuku wave at him and he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair, not knowing if he can deal with his cheerful attitude for a whole week.

"Kacchan, we're a team!" Izuku ran and grabbed their cell phone and map, before jogging over to him.

"Yeah." Bakugou gruffed and took the map from Izuku, reading over it and then pinpointing their location.

"Alright, I am starving so lets get going. We are currently right here, and we need to get here." Bakugou drug his finger along the map as he spoke.

"If we follow the river we should get there faster." Izuku said and pointed out the river that cut through, making a shorter path. Bakugou looked over the map and rolled his eyes and nodded in agreement. The hike through the forest to get to the cabins took over 3 hours. There was no warning how long the walk to their designated locations would take, they did know that the teachers were scatters among their cabins to be able to aid them if there was trouble, it added a bit of control to the possibility of chaos raving among the teens. Izuku chattered for a good while before realizing that talking only made him run out of breath faster and irritate Bakugou more. So, after a while, he stopped talking and followed Bakugou's lead. The river was a short cut, Izuku made sure to point out that it was his idea, to witch Bakugou only rolled his eyes. The fact that they had found a short cut, meant that their trip lasted only about 3 hours, if the others did not find a short cut as well, who knows how long their hiking could last.