Snap

Izuku Midoriya

Izuku did not know what came over him, a sudden spark of confidence made his ego swell and he began to tease Bakugou. That stupid comment he had made about Bakugou 'trying not to kiss him again.' had been so stupid, it did seem to get under Bakugou's skin though. The rest of the night Bakugou did not speak to him and he kept catching the blonde sneaking glances at him. It only fueled his confidence more and he would find himself grinning widely at the thought of getting Bakugou flustered. There was a tension in the air between the two boys, Bakugou was not talking to him and for some reason, guilt flooded his system and for a moment he thought he had made a mistake by getting overly cocky. He probably over-calculated and made assumptions about the way the alpha thought about him. He probably really did not like the forwardness the omega had expressed and it might have pushed what little of a friendship they had too far too soon.

The next two days were busy and strenuous. Their location had been attacked twice in one day and they had managed to take down the robots with ease, avoiding any major injuries. Izuku noticed that Bakugou avoided using his right arm, witch was weird because that was the side Bakugou normally swung with first. Izuku found himself watching the blonde more carefully than usual, he seemed stiff and cold. It made the younger boy upset thinking that something was wrong with Bakugou, but he did not know how to bring it up considering that the two have not shared many words since that first night. Bakugou would cook dinner and Izuku would compliment his cooking and try and make small talk, a fruitless endeavor really, Bakugou had never been one for small talk, but Izuku still tried.

On the third day, Izuku was starting to feel the effects of the scent mark wearing off. He desperately wanted to be scented by the alpha again but his and the alpha's current state was deterrence enough for the omega to not make any conversation towards scenting. Bakugou still was not speaking to him much and he began to seriously think he fucked up with the teasing he had expressed. Izuku thought that it would have helped their relationship some, maybe Bakugou would loosen up and start to get a bit more comfortable with him. It felt weird that the only relations the two had were a fond history, scenting, and the two heated make-out sessions they shared from the intimacy that scenting created in the moment. Izuku did want more with Bakugou, he wanted to be able to talk to him, get to know him more, and have time sort out his conflicting feelings towards the alpha. 

As day 4 rolled around and passed into night, Izuku was jittery from the lack of conversation, attention, and scenting. Izuku still could see that Bakugou was being oddly careful with his right arm and Izuku noticed a slight swelling in the blonde's shoulder. The boy's green eyes narrowed as he watched Bakugou walk around the kitchen are dinner. There was something going on with the alpha and he was not telling Izuku about it. They were partners in this training, he should be open with him and let him know if he was hurt. Feeling a bit more confident, Izuku got up and walked over behind Bakugou in the kitchen, and without hesitation he reached out poked the alpha's shoulder, applying some pressure.  

The alpha jerked and hissed out, in obvious pain.

"What the fuck, Deku!" The alpha turned around glaring and gritting his teeth, his left arm coming up to hold his shoulder.

"You're hurt and you didn't tell me." Izuku replied and crossed his arms, slightly annoyed.

"What's it to you?" Bakugou spat and walked off into the bathroom, Izuku at his tail. The boy pushed open the bathroom door, slipping inside before the blonde could protest.

"Get out. I wanna shower." Bakugou sneered and Izuku glared back.

"What is wrong with your shoulder, Kacchan?" Izuku insisted and leaned in to look closer and Bakugou shoved the boy away. Izuku stumbled back into the bathroom door and huffed.