Never Again

Katsuki Bakugou

His whole body froze up. Izuku's confession made his heartbeat so fast, he thought his chest would burst open. Izuku loved him? He must have felt Bakugou's tension because Izuku pulled away some and looked into his red eyes, worry and confusion all over the omega's face.

"Bakugou... did you hear me?" Izuku said quietly. He didn't know what to say. He was mad at him for bringing all of this up, first he was worried about their relationship working, now he is confessing his love for him, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

"Yes." Bakugou replied, he had heard him correctly. Izuku frowned and moved away some, his face deflated, and he looked so dejected, but Bakugou couldn't care. He didn't know what to feel.

"I'm sorry... If it was too soon... I just wanted you to know how I felt." Izuku mumbled and Bakugou grunted.

"Just stop... " Bakugou gritted his teeth and Izuku whimpered.

"What's wrong..." Izuku asked, he looked worried and sad. Bakugou frowned, he knew he would fuck this us. Bakugou knew he would wind up hurting him again, just like when they were kids. He wouldn't ever be able to stay. He left when they were kids to go train to be a hero, to climb to the top, he left his best friend for that. Now, he is losing his boyfriend because he is too stubborn to change his ways. What was he afraid of? He knew if they went public that the media would be nosy, but it wasn't like they knew he was an omega. So, what if the media spread it around that they were dating, Bakugou didn't care that people knew he was gay, he care about Izuku. That was the problem, Izuku would never be happy with him, not fully happy anyways.

Bakugou knew he was too stuck in his ways, too emotionless, too rough around the edges. Izuku probably wanted a happy life with friends and family all around him, Bakugou wasn't like that. He was a workaholic, tense, and power-hungry man. There was no room for love there, not when it had to do with Izuku. He could never love Izuku how he needed to be loved, he was fooling himself this whole time.

He must have been quiet for a long time because Izuku gently touched his chest.

"Katsuki... What's wrong..." The boy said softly and Bakugou felt his stomach drop. He had to do this before either one of them got any more hurt. He had to let him go. This wasn't a good idea, even his mother knew that Bakugou would only hurt her son in the end, he would never be good enough for him.

"I can't do this anymore, Izuku." Bakugou said stiffly, holding himself together. Izuku tensed up instantly, small waves of distress pheromones rolled off his body.

"W-what do you mean?" Izuku said, his voice weak. Bakugou hated the scent of his omega in distress, it hurt him.

"I mean us... Izuku... We can't do this; it will never work out." Bakugou said and Izuku looked panicked.

"No, don't say that! If you aren't ready to say 'I love you' yet you don't have to! I won't say it anymore!" Izuku teared up and Bakugou had to look away. His heart was breaking. Izuku had it all wrong, he did love him, that is why he had to stop this.

"No Izuku...Please, just go... I don't think this is going to work out, you need to leave before I hurt you." Bakugou said stiffly, Izuku must have taken that the wrong way because he growled.

"So, you're going to go back to bullying me and picking on me because you don't want to be together?" Izuku said angrily, tears running down his pale skin. Bakugou growled back, he would never physically hurt Izuku on purpose, never again.

"Shut the fuck up, Izuku! I would never do that to you, you know that!" Bakugou sneered and Izuku flinched, he let a sob out and it shook his whole body. Izuku got off the bed and stumbled towards the door in a hurry.