Chapter 1

Yoongi POV

Exiting my last class for the day, I pull my black cap off to run a hand through my hair before pulling it back on a bit better. Walking down the halls of the music building, I adjust the strap of my bag as I make my way through the small crowds of people that are also exiting their own classes.

I've got a small smile on my lips as I pull my headphones out, slipping them on over my hat before playing my music. I know exactly where I'm headed, and it's not the direction of everyone else. Unlike most of the people here, I actually enjoy my classes that I take, clearly having picked the correct major for myself unlike the rest of them.

I just shrug it off though, keeping my head tilted downwards and making my way towards the stairs on the other side of the building. Not so surprisingly, it's not the biggest building on campus, actually one of the smaller ones. Irony really know why, but they separated the music majors from the performing arts ones, though it certainly doesn't bother me. It's less people in the building, a smaller building to wander around for classes, and it's not too far from my apartment off campus.

Soon enough, I find the stairs and make my way up to the fifth floor, the one floor that's fairly empty compared to the rest. Though, they keep all of the rooms that aren't purely for lectures available to all students at any time, and most people here don't bother with going all the way up to the fifth floor.

When I reach the barren floor, I can't help but smile, content with the emptiness as I make my way down a few different hallways. Stopping in front of a particular door, I grin as I open it and head inside, finding my favorite piano in the building still standing beautifully in the corner of the small room. Without hesitation, I make my way over to the beautiful wooden instrument, gingerly sitting down on the leather padded stool.

Running my fingertips along the cool wood that hides the white and black keys, an excited shiver runs through my body, causing me to chuckle softly at myself. Biting my lip lightly, I pull back the wood that's hiding the important part, immediately feeling at home as I finally spot the keys that have been filling my mind all damned day.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly let my finger begin to press down on the keys. My eyes flutter shut at the beautiful sounds that immediately emit, a small smile covering my face as my fingers continue working their way through the keys as though they had a mind of their own. And so they nearly do, working through and playing song after song with transitions through each, expressing every single emotion I've felt all day. It's the best feeling, coming up here at the end of the day once my classes are finished, being able to just put it out all out into the piano and let everything go.

"I'm never not going to find you in here once your done with classes, will I?"

I smile at the sound of my best friends voice, opening my eyes to find him walking over in my direction, the door to the room already closed behind him.

"You won't find me here once we've graduated, Jiminie. Until then, it's probably safe to say this is where you'll always find me." I answer lightly, not bothering to stop the flow of my fingers running over the keys. He chuckles softly, walking over and leaning his body against the side of the beautiful wood.

"Classes that bad today?" Jimin questions curiously, a tiny smile on his plump lips as he gazes down at me. I give him a small smile at this, knowing how clear my emotions shine through when I'm playing the piano. Almost any other time it'd be nearly impossible to tell, Jimin being the only person who knows me well enough to be able to decipher. Although, he's also the only person who I'm really friends with. I've met his other two friends, Jungkook and Tae, but I'm not overly close with them. I'm not the best people person around, much preferring to keep to myself and not wanting people around me unless it's Jimin these days. Though, it's been that way for a few years now, ever since Jimin and I ran into each other in a music class a couple years back in his first year.

"Sounds to me like we should go out to your favorite noodle shop and for ice cream afterwards then, hyungie." Jimin comments cutely, giving me his adorable smile. I just smile, grateful to have such a great best friend who knows me better than anyone else, grateful for him to understand me and the connection I have with piano. Grateful to have both him and a piano in my life.