Chapter 2

"We never really discussed your classes and your day, Jiminie. How was your day?" I ask curiously as Jimin and I walk away from the ice cream stand that he'd bought me ice cream from, much to my dislike of him wasting his own money on me. He smiles over at me, reaching up and ruffling my hair, the one person that's ever gotten close enough to me for me to have allowed to be able to really touch me much.

"Classes were okay. Jackson is still giving me shit, but it's nothing really new at this point. Just waiting on finals to come up in a few weeks at this point. We're supposed to start learning the new dance for half of our final next week." Jimin responds with a small shrug before continuing to eat his ice cream. I frown at the mention of Jackson, but nod my head.

"Seriously, Jiminie. If you need someone to put that asshole in his place, you just gotta say something. I'll beat his ass in a heartbeat. You don't deserve all the shit he gives you." I tell him earnestly as I glance over at him. He chuckles lightly at this, shaking his head at me.

"I'll manage, hyungie. I'll be fine. I've dealt with him this long, we can always hope he doesn't continue to be in my classes after this semester." Jimin responds casually. I just roll my eyes at him though, knowing how he doesn't like to let on about how much certain things bother him.

"Whatever, Jiminie. You just let me know when the day comes where you've had enough of him, okay?" I tell him with a small sigh, knowing that in reality he would never do such a thing. He just smiles over at me, knowing that I know this fact, but still nodding his head to be kind like he always is.

"Oh, by the way, I'm gonna be out tomorrow. I'm going on a date with Jungkook and I'm probably gonna be gone most of the day. I'll be gone this weekend too, I'll be going home to visit my parents. But I'll be back Monday morning." Jimin informs me, giving me a small smile as he reaches up to rub my back gently. I bite my lip at this, sighing quietly as I nod my head and look away.

I know he feels bad for this, for not being home this weekend with me. And I don't want to make him feel worse than he already surely does about it. It's just hard to handle sometimes. He's the only friend I have, the only person I really have, even though my step brother is still alive. He knows me better than Namjoon really does anymore, probably more than he ever really got to know me. The one person who knows how to read my emotions, the one person who knows that I don't like being alone for long periods of time, who knows how to take care of me when it's needed.

"It's okay. I've got a lot of homework this weekend anyways." I mumble softly, trying not to let it get to me. I've always been jealous of the fact that he always manages to get out of having Friday classes, something I've never been able to do. I've always had at least one class on Fridays, having one tomorrow as well.

"I promise I'll make it up to you, hyungie. I'm really sorry." Jimin murmurs softly, continuing to rub my back gently as we finally reach the apartment we share.

"If you wanna make it up to me, fucking ask your boyfriend to be official already. I'm tired of hearing you say how worried you are that he's not really interested when you're constantly going out on dates with him." I tease lightly, trying not to let the mood drop too much as I unlock the front door for us. He laughs loudly at this, his bright laughter brightening my mood just a bit.

"We'll see how that goes, hyungie. I can't make any promises though." He chuckles, finally pulling his hand away from my back so that he can shut the door behind us. I just smile over at him, nodding my head. He sighs softly though, tossing an arm over my shoulders as he walks with me down the hallway and to my bedroom where we stop.

"I promise, Yoongi. I'll save up enough money to buy you a piano of your own one day." Jimin murmurs with a small smile, brushing my hair back out of my face before walking off to his bedroom that's just a little further down the hall. I bite my lower lip with a small smile, stuffing my hands into my pockets as I enter to my own room, genuinely hoping I'll be able to get my own piano one day.