Chapter 16

"Calm down, hyung. It's gonna be okay." Namjoon whispers softly with a sigh, hearing the sound of him getting most likely the broom and dust pan out so that he can clean up the broken glass.

I can't find it in myself to stop crying, so overly done with being fucking blind. I can't even get myself a damn glass to get fucking water. I'm about as helpless as a damn infant and I'm twenty three fucking years old.

"Yoongi, please. Calm down, it's okay. It's just a glass, it's no big deal." Namjoon repeats, kneeling down next to me. I assume he's gotten the glass mostly cleaned up with the exception of what's fallen on me and sliced me up a bit as well.

"You don't get it, Joon. It is a big fucking deal. I'm about as useless and helpless as a damn infant. I'm twenty three years old and I can't even get myself a damn glass of water. I can't do shit on my own anymore and it's wasting your time." I choke out angrily, so unbelievably done with myself.

He doesn't respond, but carefully loops his arms around me before picking me up. I don't even bother fighting it, knowing I wouldn't really be able to get up on my own at this point anyways. My entire body hurts like absolute hell at this point, the exhaustion before the fall not making it feel any better.

I'm somewhat surprised when I feel myself get set on what's most likely the bathroom sink counter, having so much just wanting to have been brought back to my bed so that I could curl up under my covers and ignore the world for a while. However, when I feel my brother pulling my arms away from my body a bit, I instantly hiss at the stinging it causes, making me realize just as to why I was brought here instead.

"It's gonna hurt a bit, but I need to get this cleaned up so that nothing happens. Okay? We can talk about something else to keep your mind off the pain, if that'll help." Namjoon comments softly. I scoff quietly at this, turning my head away from him.

"What is there to talk about, Joon?" I question bitterly, my mood completely dropped from when I had successfully turned the television on and switched it to the one channel I love most.

"Well... I was considering the possibility of trying to find a teacher for you." He starts quietly. I fall silent at this, hesitation within me growing.

"A teacher for what, Joon? I can't do anything anymore." I ask, tone nowhere near as bitter but more so just dejected this time.

"Someone to help you learn how to play piano again. You've played for long enough, I can't imagine that it'll take too much to help you relearn it." He answers, just seconds before I'm hissing in pain again. My face scrunches up in pain and dislike for the rubbing alcohol I know he's using to clean the small cuts, hating how much it stings.

"Joon, I can't see. How am I supposed to be able to play when I can't see?" I question, still a tad skeptical about the idea.

"We can always try though. I just, I know playing piano meant a lot to you, hyung. I just thought maybe I could try to find someone that could help you learn how to play again. I won't do it if it's not what you want though." Namjoon explains softly, feeling him beginning to bandage my wrists and hands that had been cut. I bite my lip at the idea, nervous to have someone trying to teach me. I've never actually had anyone teach me how to play before, I learned when I was young on my own because our parents didn't give a shit about us. The best they did was get food and made sure bills were paid, and I lucked out to get the food most times because they'd hardly ever be around. So, when I wanted to learn how to play and knew they wouldn't waste their beer and gambling money on me, I taught myself.

"We don't have to do that if it's not what you want, Yoongi. I just thought it'd be a good chance to try find a way for you to still be able to do what you love most." Namjoon repeats gently before patting my thighs lightly, a signal that he's finished with my wrists. Though, he doesn't move to pick me back up yet, seemingly waiting for an answer first.

Biting my lip, I take a deep breath.

"I guess we can try it. I have nothing better to do to waste my time on."