Chapter 17

"You ready for this, hyung?" Namjoon asks softly from the drivers seat. Taking a deep breath, I bite my lower lip as I shrug in response. To say I'm nervous right now is an understatement, and I'm terrified that this won't go well. As much as I want to be able to play again, I know it's going to be unbelievably difficult with the lack my ability to see.

"It's a little late not to be, I guess." I mutter quietly as I run my hands over my sweats.

It's been a little over a week now since the accident of my breaking the glass and falling. It's been absolute hell this last week though, Namjoon trying to get me to get up more and walk around the house a bit more with him. Still being stuck with a boot on my left leg makes it enormously difficult, wondering how the hell I had managed to balance enough to walk around much at all that day when he'd been gone.

Soon hearing the sound of his car door opening and closing again, I sigh softly to myself as I wait for him to come around and help me. I still hate this to no end, hating how much help I need just to do basic things anymore. It's frustrating to no end, but it's even worse hearing him crying at night when I don't control my own frustration towards myself. If I'm not trying at all, then I'm hurting my little brother, and that's the last thing that I want to do.

When I hear and feel the door beside me being opened, I shift my body to try and get out of the car. Namjoon helps, guiding my feet first so that I can properly get them out of the car, before taking my hands and helping me safely get out of the car altogether. It's a task in it of itself, annoying me to no end as I try not to grumble over it under my breath. Feeling him put a hand on the small of my back, I let him guide me away from the car so that he can shut the door, before leading me to the building where I'm supposed to meet this trainer.

"Hi there. How can I help you both?"

It's a deep voice as we enter the building that greets us, Joon stopping us once we've gotten inside and have been greeted.

"We're supposed to meet with Kim Taehyung, I believe. We had an appointment today for my brother." Namjoon responds kindly. I don't say anything, stuffing my hands in my pockets since there's not a whole lot else I can do with them anyways.

"Ah, yes. That would be me. Follow me right this way."

I purse my lips as Joon gives me a gentle nudge, hand still gripping the back of my tee shirt gently so that he's got some control to help guide me. Reluctantly, I let him lead me after the guy who's supposed to be my instructor, not having any real clue as to where I'm going. Though, I soon hear a door get closed around us, and I'm soon tugged lightly to a stop before Namjoon is repositioning his hands to help me where I need to sit.

"I'm gonna go sit down, Yoongi. I'll only be a short distance away and I'll still be in the same room. Taehyung is gonna help you." Namjoon informs me gently before patting my shoulder and disappearing. I bite my lower lip once more at this, nervous for just how well this is gonna go.

"Have you ever played the piano for, Yoongi?"

I can tell he's stood to the right of me, nodding my head at the question.

"Good, so you know how to play then. I don't really see why this is going to be all that difficult then. You know how to play, you just gotta put your hands on the keys and start." Taehyung tells me, sounding almost annoyed that we're even doing this. I frown at his words though, clenching my jaw at how simplistic he makes it sound.

Sighing with heavy reluctance, I reach up to where the keys should be, taking a sharp breath at the coldness of the keys when my fingers finally touch. Pursing my lips, I nervously press down on the keys, cringing when I realize that I'm not at all on center for where one should start. I retract my hands almost instantly, noticeably wincing at the terrible dissonance created by the wrong keys.

"I thought you said you've played before? You've got to start out in the center if you want a clean sound. See, sounds like this." Taehyung scolds before I hear him beginning to play.

"Dickhead, I know where I'm supposed to start and what it's supposed to sound like." I grumble in return, waving him away from me. He scoffs loudly at this, clearly annoyed by my own frustration.

"Then play it that way if you know everything." Taehyung counters boldly.

Shaking my head as I feel tears beginning to form, I push myself up from the piano bench. I can hear Namjoon getting up from wherever he'd been sat, appearing at my side almost instantly as I feel him help steady myself.

"I think that's enough, Taehyung. We'll be leaving now." Namjoon cuts in.