Chapter 22

"Ready for round two, hyung?" Namjoon asks as he helps me out of the car. I shrug in response, still fairly indifferent about all of this yet.

"I guess." I murmur softly, hearing him close the door behind me before leading us into the building.

"Will you be okay if I run off to the store while you're here? I need to pick up some groceries." Namjoon asks gently, bringing us inside.

"You go do what you need to do. I'll be here when you come back. Okay?" I respond, nervous as hell to be left alone here but not wanting to hold him back.

"Just be careful, okay? I don't want anything happening while I'm gone. We get that boot of yours off at the end of this week and you're still healing. Have him call me if you need anything." Namjoon says softly as the door falls shut behind us.

"Ah, there's my favorite pianist!"

I tilt my head in curiosity at Hoseok's light greeting, a tiny smile curling onto my lips.

"Hyung, do you think it'd be okay if I ran off to do some errands while he's here with you?" Joon asks lightly to Hoseok.

"Of course. He'll be in safe hands, I promise. Go do whatever you need to. I've got him."

I bite my lower lip shyly at this, not entirely certain how I feel about all of this still. However, within seconds Joon is thanking him and letting me know he'll be back soon before I feel his presence leave me. I swallow nervously at this, uncertain of being alone with someone I still barely know, beginning to regret my agreement of this.

"Okay, Yoongi hyung. You ready to get started?" Hoseok asks lightly. Taking a deep breath, I nod my head. Though, I'm surprised when I feel him take my hand in his, not having really expected it despite it being somewhat of a logical move since I certainly can't navigate myself around the building.

His hand is soft in mine, a gentle hold on me as he slowly leads me away from the door and around the rooms and halls. Once again, I find myself running hand along the walls at some point once we're within the hallway, wanting desperately to get a feel for my surroundings better than what I've currently got.

"Okay, so I think we're gonna start where we left off last time, and then I wanna see how far we can get you after that. Okay?" Hoseok says softly as I feel him turn me into a room. I simply nod my head at this, oddly enjoying his presence. He's so much calmer than the other people and he really does seem to get what I really need help with.

"Good. Alright. Come here, let's get you sat down and then I want you to show me what we did last time." He tells me gently, taking my other hand in his this time as he guides me a bit more this time. I purse my lips a bit as I let him carefully guide me.

"M'kay. You can sit now." He nearly whispers, still holding my hands. I take a deep breath at this, gripping onto his hands a bit more tightly as I lower myself down onto the seat. A small sigh falls from my lips once I've completely sat down, letting go of him as he does the same. Once I hear him take a seat next to the piano like before, I take another deep breath before reaching up for the keys and doing what he'd had me do last time.

Biting my lower lip once more, I bring my hands all the way together, moving myself a bit so that I'm more centered, and then move my hands back out by the number I'd counted with his help last time. Nervously, I press down on certain keys whose notes should harmonize together.

My jaw drops as I hear the perfect harmony, a grin quickly spreading onto my lips as I turn my head to look him his direction.

"Yoongi! That was so good! As if you were a natural already. Think you can do that a few more times for me? Get the hang of that and then we can be moving onto the next step." Hoseok exclaims gently. I can't help the grin that's on my face, overjoyed by the fact that I actually got it on my first try.

With that, I take a deep breath to calm myself back down, running through the step a few more times, knowing this is probably the most important part for me.