Chapter 6

Just reaching the doctor is too much of a task all of its own, feeling like I'm gonna collapse and burst into tears all over again any second now. Though, I have no doubt I'll be crying my the time I'm finished speaking with the doctor, terrified of what he has to tell me.

"You're here for a... Min Yoongi?" The man asks softly as he looks down at me. Biting my lower lip, I nervously nod my head, wishing I weren't here for anyone, weren't here in the first place.

"I am as well, Sir."

My head snaps to the side to find Jungkook just reaching my side, one hand holding the tea he'd gotten for me while the other wraps around my waist and pulls me into his side. I can't even think of getting shy over his actions right now, even going as far as laying my head against his chest as we look to the man who's clearly got information on the hyung we're here for. Thankfully, the doctor simply gives us a small smile as he nods his head.

"I don't know how your friend did it. I... I have no logical explanation for it, but he's alive. Four out of the six ribs were broken, and the other two are bruised. He's lucky all six aren't shattered. One of the bones in his left shin snapped, and his right wrist sprained. He did have to get multiple stitches in multiple places due to large cuts as well. To say the least, your friend is a quite wrapped up at this point. However, there was more serious permanent damage that happened." He informs us, a melancholy glaze to his eyes as they flicker between the two of us.

As if all of this information isn't bad enough... there's even worse news?

"We took a scan of his brain, we needed to check to make sure there wasn't any damage there. However, it appears he took some impacts to the head that have caused serious damage to some important nerves in his system. After doing some checks and trying to find some ways to cure the damage, we weren't able to save his eyesight. Thankfully though, that's the only damage that we were able to find to his brain."

I don't even fully realize it as my legs give out beneath me, nearly crumbling to the floor if it hadn't been for Jungkook managing to catch me with his arm that had already been wrapped my waist. Though, he gently helps me to the floor before kneeling down beside me, wrapping me up in his arms as he sets the cup of tea on the floor. I can't control it anymore as I burst into sobs, wrapping my arms around the younger tightly and holding onto him for dear life as I cry. He doesn't even bother trying to stop me, simply holding me and comforting me softly, trying to hush me as he wraps me up in his arms.

"I understand this is a trying time for all of you. He is out of surgery and has been put in a room if you'd both like to go see him."

I hiccup quietly at this, looking up at Kookie and the doctor through tear blurred vision. I don't really catch Jungkook's response though, trying hard to focus on calming down at the moment.

"Come here, baby."

I manage to catch Jungkook murmur that softly, being caught off guard as I feel myself get picked up. I try not to make a scene over it though, quickly wrapping my arms around his neck and laying my head on his chest as I'm carried. I don't even bother trying to pay attention to what's happening around me, letting my eyes fall shut as tears continue falling, trying to just fucking calm down already.

Despite how shaky I still am, I quietly request for Jungkook to set me down once we've reached Yoongi's room. The doctor simply gives us a small bow before walking away once more, leaving me staring fearfully at the door in front of us. Jungkook reaches around me though, opening the door softly for us before he takes my hand and lets me lead us inside. I'm terrified to see my hyung, still a crying mess as it is right now.

Though, regardless of being scared, I nervously bring the two of us inside, letting Jungkook shut the door behind us once more before making our way further into the room. Almost instantly, my gaze sets on the bed that Yoongi hyung must be laying in, and my grip on Kookie's hand tightens. However, the moment my eyes land on the pale hyung in the bed, my heart shatters all over again, breaking down once more as I turn into the younger behind me. Jungkook just holds me though, rubbing my back gently and murmuring sweet nothings as I sob my heart out all over again.