Chapter 7

Namjoon POV

Stepping into the lobby of the hospital, a shiver runs down my spine. Double checking the text I'd gotten from who I now know as Jimin, I stuff my phone back into my pocket and follow the signs towards the elevator.

To say I'm nervous and scared right now would be an understatement. Jimin didn't even explain what it was that's so serious to have brought me back, so if I wasn't anxious enough to come back to Korea after three years out of the country and being so close to finishing up my last year of college, I've got that to make me anxious. Thankfully, I'd been smart enough to pack up, not knowing how long I'll be here. Though, I guessed that if it's serious enough that I need to be here, then I probably won't be leaving too soon. Which honestly just kind of scares me and worries me even more. Saddens me even more.

I'm worried for what's happened to my older brother, but also concerned of whether or not I'll be fully postponing my graduation because of this. Not only that, but it's been years since I've spoken to my older step brother.

All too soon, I'm stepping off the elevator and following signs towards my brothers room. With each step, I grow more and more nervous, uncertain of whether I should really be here right now or if Jimin had just been panicking. I don't have long to debate that question though, reaching the room sooner than I'd somewhat like. Nervously knocking on the door, I bite my lip and wait, not wanting to just walk in like I know the place. Though when the door is opened, I'm met by two shorter boys on the other side. I assume the one who looks like he's been crying for days is the one to be Yoongi's best friend, Jimin who'd called me in the first place.

"You must be Namjoon?" The shorter of the two questions quietly as he looks up at me, looking extremely tired. I simply nod my head, giving a small bow to the younger two as I recall my Korean manners.

"You don't have to be formal. You can come on in." The taller informs me softly, pulling the two of them out of the way as he opens the door further for me. I try not to question it too much as I step inside the room, taking a deep breath as I walk over to the bed where I assume my brother is laying.

"Has he woken up yet?" I ask quietly, not wanting to possibly wake him if he's fallen back asleep or anything.

"Not yet. He hasn't woken." One of them replies, though I don't really pay enough attention to figure out which one it is.

"Jimin, you said that it was serious. That I needed to be here. What's so serious about his condition?" I question in a mere whisper as I look up from my brothers wrapped and bruised body towards the two stood on the other side. I watch tears form in the shorter's eyes, his breathing becoming shaky almost immediately.

"He-he's lost his sight. They said that he hit his head too hard or something. The nerves were too damaged, technical shit like that. He can't see anymore." Jimin whispers, his words coming out as almost pants while tears begin falling.

My breath hitches in my throat at this information, not having expected anything at all like this. Granted, I had no idea what the hell to expect in the first place, certainly nothing like this. Not something to this extent, not this extreme. Is he even going to know how to live like this?

Though, I'm pulled from my thoughts when Yoongi shifts in the bed a bit. My eyes widen and if I couldn't breathe before, I sure as hell can't breathe now. Watching nervously, he shifts a bit more in bed, groaning quietly in what I'm sure in pain. I grow even more nervous though, as he lifts a hand up to brush his hair back out of his face, watching in fear as his eyes flutter open. They don't look any different than before, but I can see the confusion slowly dawning his face.

"Yoongi."

I can't help but let his name fall from my lips, holding back tears that I know he can no longer see as his head shifts instantly in my direction.

"Joon? What're you doing here? Why the hell is it so dark?" Yoongi mumbles out before coughing. I have to let my eyes close gently at this, needing a second to collect myself so as not to break down in front of anyone.

"Hyungie."

My eyes shoot open at this, hearing Jimin's whimper loudly filling the room. Though, he instantly turns into the taller's side, wrapping his arms around the other boy and burying his face into their chest.

"Jiminie? What the hell. Turn the lights on. This isn't funny. You know how I feel about this."