Chapter 18

Curled up in my bed, it's been two weeks since we started this. We've gone through six different trainers already. Six different people in the last two weeks, trying to teach me how the hell to play again. Not a single one of them have worked.

"Ready to try one more time?" Namjoon asks gently from my doorway, knocking lightly. I scoff at this, not bothering to roll over to face the doorway.

"I'm done, Joon. We've tried six people already. I'm not trying anymore. It's pretty damn clear that I have no chance of playing again." I tell him bitterly, not moving a muscle from where I've been laid all morning.

"Hyung, please. I promise, this will be the last person we try." Namjoon argues lightly, the sound of footsteps telling me that he's entering the room.

"Joon, we've already tried! We've tried six different people. It's not come anywhere near going even half decent a single time. I'm done wasting my time, and you should be too." I counter in frustration, sighing quietly at the end. However, the bed dips behind me, letting me know that he's sat down with me. Feeling him lay a hand on my side, I let my eyelids fall shut, not that it really matters.

"This is the last person I want to try, Yoongi. Jimin suggested him. And Jimin seemed to feel pretty good about him too." Namjoon says softly, feeling his gaze on me all the while. I groan in frustration though, turning over to lay on my back as I bring my hands up to cover my face.

I don't want to cry. I don't want to be weak for my brother. It's hard enough as it is to accept the fact of how much help I still need. Hard enough to accept that I have to rely on my little brother just to help me fucking live.

"Joon, I really don't think it's worth it. And I don't even want to begin questioning you as to how much you've been spending on these lessons either." I mumble through my hands. He's the one sighing this time, soon feeling him pull my hands away from my face. I frown at this, wanting to glare at him for the action but not having the heart to do so.

"Yoongi, you don't need to be worrying about the money. Okay? I've got things under control and Jimin and Jungkook have been helping out. Besides, Jimin said he pulled some strings for us and said the guy wouldn't charge us anything for this lesson. We just have to show up. Okay? If there's any lesson that you don't need to worry about bailing on because of money, it's this one. And he's not too far from what Jimin told me either. Sounds like it'll be a nice short drive to get us there." He explains gently, brushing my hair back off my forehead.

I just sigh at all of this, not knowing what to do anymore. I'm just tired at this point. Tired and frustrated. I was uncertain about trying all of this shit to begin with and it's only backfired every single damn time. Not only that, but I hadn't even thought of how much it would add up to. How many people we were actually going to try, didn't think of the cost per each attempt. He's already wasted so much money and so much time on me.

"Please, Yoongi. I promise, it's the last person we'll try. And if you don't like the guy then we won't come back. We'll stop trying different people, and I'll quit pushing. I wouldn't even be considering this guy if Jimin hadn't recommended him and got him to cut the costs. Just this one last time." Namjoon murmurs softly.

I huff quietly at this, reaching up and running a hand through my hair.

"This is the last fucking time. Only because you want to give him a try and because it's free. I wouldn't get your hopes up about him though, considering the luck we've had with everyone else though." I give in, propping myself up on my elbows to begin sitting up. Joon takes one of my hands though, and I let him help me into a sitting position. However, I'm surprised when I feel his arms wrap around me, pulling me into a gentle hug. With hesitation, I wrap my arms around his torso, not entirely understanding what's going on.

"Thank you, hyung. I promise, no more after this if you don't like this guy. We'll find something else for you to be able to do if this doesn't work out." Namjoon whispers quietly before letting go.