Chapter 14

Namjoon POV

Biting my lip nervously, I glance over the outfit I've got on, a simplistic look really. Jeans and a light gray hoodie, it was the best I could come up with this morning. I still feel absolutely horrible for even considering leaving Yoongi alone at all, especially when I'm going out to see his best friend. As much as I had tried to convince him, Jimin refused to come over with claims that it wasn't a conversation to be had at the house. I know he's right about that, but it's just difficult leaving Yoongi alone when he's like this right now.

Taking a deep breath, I exit Jimin's bedroom that I've been staying in lately, making the short distance down the hall to Yoongi's bedroom before knocking lightly on his open door. Peering inside, a small smile forms on my lips as I spot him sitting upright in bed with the tray of food I'd made him pulled up in front of himself. From where I'm stood, I can see that most of the food is gone, the glass of water for him in hand and the small mug of coffee I'd made him half finished.

"You doing okay in here, hyung?" I ask quietly, still feeling quite nervous about this whole thing. He's simply setting the glass of water down as I speak, not bothering to try and face me or anything of the sort as he shrugs and nods. I bite my lip once more, feeling his lack of enthusiasm. But, he's eating on his own and he's not seeming to struggle too much with it yet, which hopefully is a good sign.

"I was thinking of going out for a little bit, Yoongi. Are you gonna be okay with being here alone for a little bit? I promise I wouldn't be too long." I breathe out, still nervous as ever. It doesn't help when he lets out a long sigh though.

"Joon, go do what you want. You don't have to stay cooped up in here with me all day long every day. It's bad enough you're stuck here with me rather than back at school finishing up your degree. At the very least, go the hell out. Go out and make friends, flirt, find someone to do shit with, find a girlfriend or boyfriend. Go do whatever. Don't make yourself miserable staying here at the apartment with me." Yoongi says softly, his head lowering a bit as he speaks, as if he were looking down at his hands rested in his lap. I sigh at this, shaking my head at him even though he can't see me.

"I'll be back soon, I promise. The last thing I am, is miserable being here with you, Yoongi." I respond quietly before turning and walking away.

Thankfully, it doesn't take me long to find the café that Jimin had suggested we meet up at, miraculously not having gotten lost. When I head inside, I easily spot the shorter boy already sat in a booth with a cup of something warm between his hands. Pursing my lips, I go up to the counter and quickly order a simple americano before taking it and going over to the booth where he's sat.

"How's he doing?" Jimin asks softly as I sit down. I shrug a bit, not entirely sure other than depressed as hell.

"It's hard to tell. The doctors weren't joking when they said there was a possibility he'd fall into depression though. My only concern is that I thought he'd managed to get through that and deal with it a long time ago. He's slowly beginning to give in and eat though. So it's an improvement of sorts, I guess." I explain quietly, running a hand through my hair before taking a sip of my coffee.

"You realize how he managed his depression, right? What he was doing to keep him above water and off those damn pills?" Jimin questions even quieter than what I'd spoken. I frown at this, not at all understanding as I shake my head.

"It's why he's so attached to the piano. That's part of what broke him. At some point, earlier in our friendship, the therapist worried how much time Yoongi was spending on the piano rather than interacting with people and tried to get him off it. It was the worst decision she made and it backfired greatly. He never went back after that appointment. I'm not trying to push you and be annoying with insisting about finding a way, but that instrument has saved his life and it's all that his life has really revolved around for at least since he came to college. You know how often he would've been playing before he left to come here. But that's the only thing I can see saving him. It's on you though, it's your decision. But if you're willing to give it a try, I'm more than happy to try and help you find some people to help Yoongi learn how to play again. I promise, I only have your and Yoongi's best interests at heart."