Chapter 9

"How are you feeling, Yoongi?"

The room falls silent at the question, any lingering chatter between the younger three has ceased at the question. I don't bother responding though, scoffing quietly at the question as I turn my head away from the sound of the doctor. It's the first time he's come in since I woke up, and I'm not in the slightest bit interested in speaking to him or anyone else here.

"Yoongi, I know you lost your sight, not your hearing." The doctor comments, clearly trying to get me to respond. I simply shrug though, showing that I know he's there and that I don't care that he's there either. I hear him sigh in response, clearly frustrated by my lack of response.

"Has he spoken much since he woke?" The doctor asks, obviously directing the question to the others.

"I think he simply has a small problem with your damn question. You can see and know the state he's in. What kind of question is it to ask him how he is?"

I can't refrain the small smile that forms at Jimin's snappy tone, one that's very rare to find coming from him. Though, I know he's caught me when I hear a small giggle emit almost immediately afterwards. I pull an innocent expression back on at that however, simply shrugging once more. I hear Jimin burst into laughter at this, and it helps ease me up just the smallest bit.

"Now, I understand, Yoongi, that you're parents passed quite a number of years ago. Do you have a sibling or know of any relatives that are still around?" The doctor asks next. I just close my eyes and lay myself back against the bed that allows me to lean back just a little bit, it's not like I can see them anyways.

"I'm his brother, Sir."

I can hear the nervousness in Namjoon's voice, the entire topic sobering all of us up. I reach up and ruffle my hair lightly, not at all liking the conversation at the moment.

"Are you his only living relative?"

The room falls silent once more, and I can feel gazes being directed at me.

"Hyung, I-I don't know that answer." I hear Namjoon whisper quietly, sounding almost ashamed. I bite my lower lip, nodding with a small sigh.

"Yes, he's my only relative." I answer solemnly, any light mood from before now long washed away.

"I need to speak with the two of you privately for a moment then."

I hear the quiet sighs from Jimin and who I'd long since figured out was Jungkook, hearing the two of them making they're way presumably to the door before I hear it opening. I purse my lips at the sound of the door closing, worried for where this conversation is going to lead. Though, as I feel Namjoon take a seat on the bed near my hip, I instantly reach out to him. Latching my hand onto his far hip, I feel him place a hand over mine, reaching his other arm out and wrapping it around my back as I attempt to sit upright.

"What part of being careful when moving did you miss, hyung? You're going to hurt yourself even more if you're not careful." Namjoon murmurs quietly as he supports a lot of my weight, pulling me gently to lean against his side once he's helped get my upright.

"I may be older than you but I'm not that damn old yet." I mutter bitterly, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm not technically as put together as I'd like to be.

"Yoongi, has anyone explained to you what exactly has happened?"

I shake my head in response to the doctor, only really knowing that I'm blind and that I was in an accident.

"You were in a very serious car accident, and quite frankly you're lucky to be alive." He informs me, running through all of the injuries that I've sustained.

I think I'd rather be dead considering I can't fucking play piano anymore...

"Beings your condition is what it is, it's important to have someone staying with you at all times. You may think it's hard now being here, just with the task of going to the bathroom, but it's going to become a lot more difficult once you're released. I need to know that the two of you will be able to live together and that your brother here can and is willing to stay and take care of you until you can figure out how to navigate with life again, and that he'll be able to support the two of you." He explains. I scoff immediately though.

"You want him staying with me and supporting me at the same time and that's not fucking possible. Are you listening to yourself at all? If he has to be at home with me, then he can't be out working. He's not even graduated college yet. How the hell is he supposed to support me? I'll be fine, I'll figure shit out on my own. We're not putting my brothers life on hold because of a damned accident." I growl lowly.

"Hyung, it's okay. Jimin and I already talked a bit while you were resting earlier. He said he'd already contacted your workplace and that they're giving you a small compensation even though they've got to let you go. And he's going to continue working and helping pay for the apartment as well. Jungkook pointed out the possibility of this happening. They're prepared to help us, and Jimin will stay with Jungkook for the time being. Okay? Don't worry about me or my degree. I can go back and finish that later. You're more important right now."