Chapter 5

It's been three hours. Three long painful hours of Jungkook letting me stay curled up in his side on the uncomfortable waiting room chairs of the hospital. Three long hours with no word on Yoongi's condition.

I feel Jungkook press a gentle kiss to the top of my head, making me look up at him tiredly despite it nearly being afternoon. He wears a small smile on his lips though, contradicting the gentle worry that laces in his beautiful brown eyes.

"Are you out of tea, baby?" Jungkook asks softly, continuing the use of pet names as he gently reaches up and brushes my hair back off my forehead a bit. I just sigh, laying my head back down on his chest as I let my eyes fall shut once more, nodding my head in response.

"Here. Let me up, Jiminie. I'll go get you some more tea and grab some food while I'm at it." Jungkook murmurs gently, patting my side lightly. I huff quietly at this, shaking my head in return this time.

"No, Kookie, just stay. I'm not hungry anyways." I whine quietly, a yawn escaping at the end. I don't have to look up at him to know that he's smiling though, having been out with him enough times by now.

"Jiminie, baby, Yoongi wouldn't want you starving yourself and nor do I." Kookie coos lightly, rubbing my side once more. I huff quietly in reluctance, begrudgingly pulling away from him so that he can get up. He smiles at me, leaning down and pecking my lips lightly.

"Thank you, Jiminie." He whispers softly before standing up and walking away.

I just sigh quietly to myself, curling up on the two chairs that we'd been using. I'm extremely grateful that he's not concerned over how broken I am about Yoongi hyung, grateful that he understands that he really has become like a brother to me over these last few years.

My eyes widen at the thought, recalling Yoongi having mentioned something about his brother before. Sitting upright, I pull my phone out of my pocket and search through my contact list, wondering if I'll be able to recall the name. Though, I smile to myself when I spot his contact, having labeled him as Yoongi's brother as part of the contact name.

The smile quickly falls though, recalling the reason why I'm looking for his contact in the first place. Sighing softly, I click on his name and hit the call button, leaning my side against the backs of the chairs as I press the device to my ear. Swallowing over the lump that's quickly formed in my throat, I listen to the ringing, waiting for him to hopefully pick up. I don't even remember where the hell he's at these days, family not being a topic that Yoongi and I tend to discuss fairly often. Hell, I don't know that I can recall the last time we spoke about that...

"Hello?"

I'm pulled from my thoughts by the sleep filled voice on the other end. His Korean sounds almost a bit rough, but I can't tell if it's due to the sleep filling his voice or if he just hasn't used it in a while.

"Namjoon?" I question, biting my lower lip as I wait for a response, having recalled his name from spotting the contact.

"Who the hell is this?" He asks, still sounding a little groggy but more awake this time than before. Yep, sounds like he must not have used Korean in a while.

"I'm Yoongi's best friend. He... he was in a really bad car accident. He's in the hospital right now." I explain, trying not to let my voice shake too much as I speak. The line falls silent for a moment, and I soon begin to wonder if I've lost connection with him.

"Please tell me he's okay."

His voice is quieter than before, sounding choked up and voice shaky this time when he speaks. I take a deep breath at the request, eyes falling shut as I lean my head against the tops of the chairs. I can feel tears pricking at my eyes already, and I begin to wonder if I'm even strong enough to have been making this call in the first place, if it was even right to do this. Yoongi could be perfectly fine coming out of surgery once they're finished with him, and he probably wouldn't want me calling his brother if there's nothing too seriously wrong. Then I'd have gone and upset his brother over nothing too terrible.

"I don't know yet. He's been in surgery for a few hours now. I've not heard anything yet. I just... I thought you should know." I murmur quietly, beginning to feel dumb for having made the call.

Though, I'm startled when I hear my hyung's name get called out, head snapping around in the opposite direction of what I'm facing. I find a doctor looking figure stood at the entrance of the waiting room, and my heart begins racing almost instantly.

"Hold on, the doctors just gotten here." I inform Namjoon as I stand up, legs shakily taking each determined step to make my way up to the doctor.

"Text me and let me know if it's anything serious. Just focus on the doctor."

And with that, the call gets ended.