Chapter 15

Yoongi POV

Groaning in frustration from being stuck in my room ever since I came home, I decide upon getting out of bed. It's too damn quiet with Namjoon not being around to make any sort of noise at all. With a quiet huff as I push myself up off my bed, I hesitantly begin making my way out of my room and cautiously down the hall. It's the first time since I came home from the hospital that I've actually been back this way or really tried doing anything for myself, but I'm sick and tired of lying about in my bed for all of fucking eternity.

Keeping my hand along the wall, I nearly stumble when it finally ends and leaves me without something to keep myself balanced. Taking a deep breath as I regain my footing, I try to recall the set up of the apartment from this point on. Biting my lip in concentration, I move forward for a bit before turning to my left, keeping a hand out in front of myself and going slow in case I end up running into the couch. Though, it doesn't really help and I end up walking into the couch anyways, nearly falling over the arm of the furniture. I manage to catch myself though, hands landing on the couch cushion before I could completely collapse over it.

Mumbling a slew of swears out, I carefully make my way around the furniture and give in to sit down to make things easier. Reaching forward, I let my hand skim around the coffee table for the television remote, soon finding it. With a small sigh of relief, I hope I've found the correct button as I press it, smiling triumphantly to myself as I hear the sound of the television turning on. Without hesitation, I skim my thumb down the remote, hoping to press the buttons to change it to my favorite channel.

"Ha!" I whisper as I hear the sound of it switching channels, soon hearing an old favorite movie of mine playing. Setting the remote down on the couch beside me, I sigh softly as I push myself back up.

I hate this. I hate this to no end. Life feels nearly impossible now, not being able to see anything at all. Just because I got lucky with the remote this time, doesn't mean that I'll be able to do it again. Just because I managed to get myself all this way with no help, doesn't mean I won't fall next time I'm trying to do the same simple task. And eventually, I'm not gonna be able to remember the damn layout of the apartment, I'll forget something or another and it'll continue until I can hardly remember the makeup of my own damn bedroom.

Taking a deep breath, I nervously begin to make my way around the couch cautiously, trying to go over to the kitchen area that's directly behind the living room area. Thankfully, I miraculously manage to complete the task safely, only bumping lightly into the counter against the wall that's at the back of the room.

Reaching up, I run my hand along the cupboards, counting over from the end to find the right one.

Task number 2: get myself a glass of water because I'm fucking thirsty.

Biting my lip in concentration, I manage to pull back the cupboard door, taking a lot more effort than what it should have. Groaning in frustration with myself, I lean forward over the counter top, resting my forearms against the cool granite top as I have to catch my breath. My head hurts like hell and I'm beyond exhausted at this point, completely worn out.

However, I take a deep breath and try to carefully stand back upright, reaching up to the now opened cupboard. Biting my lip once more, I try to be careful as I feel around for one of our glasses, never having been smart enough to just be cheap and buy plastic shit. I quickly retract my hand though, hearing the sound of glasses clinking together. Pursing my lips, I try once more, carefully finding one of the glasses and doing my best to grab ahold of it.

Though, just as I'm managing to get it out of the actual cupboard, it slips through my fingers and I'm stumbling to try and grab hold of it once more. However, as I hear the glass shattering against the counter edge, I'm stumbling backwards, feeling shards of glass falling onto me as well as I fall backwards and land on my ass, falling back against the small island we have.

With everything hurting and my frustration levels through the roof, I breakdown crying, covering my face with my hands as I give up sobbing. I soon hear the sound of the front door opening, but I can't even begin to pull myself together.

"Yoongi?! Hyung!"