Chapter 24

As I do the next of what I'm instructed to do, my hands already in position to begin playing, I take a deep breath and close my eyes to help focus on the feeling. Letting my fingers begin pressing down on the keys, I can only hope my memory serves me right as I start the song that I've known for so many years by now. The song that we've been working on in the last week now to get me playing right ever since I got the hang of getting my hands in the right location.

The melody flows and a small smile forms on my lips at the beautiful sound, letting my fingers do what they need to as my hands travel up and down the keys, hitting the right keys to line up with the music. The song goes on and I momentarily lose myself in the music, everything finally feeling and sounding right as I hit all the right notes and even manage to do a little extra when I find the right pedal to keep my foot hovered over.

Though, what's good must always come to an end at some point, and the song is soon drawing to a close. I let the last few notes of the song linger with the use of the pedals, leaving them hanging in the air before finally releasing them.

Of course, it's only then once the song is completely ended that it hits me. That it finally clicks that I actually got the entire thing. That I didn't miss a single note or anything. I... I got it all right...

"Yoongi, that was amazing!" Hobi exclaims excitedly. I grin in his direction before I feel his arms wrap around me. Gummy smile on full display, I return the hug before pulling back just a little. Nervous and excited and not even entirely certain of myself or what I'm trying to do, I let my hands find their way to his shoulders before working their way up to his face. I feel him move closer to me, sitting down sideways on the bench in front of me as my hands slowly make their way to his cheeks.

Despite all of the excitement bubbling through me at the moment, everything seems to slow down a bit. Everything except for my heart that feels like it could stop any second from how fast it's beating right now.

Suddenly hesitant and nervous but still very much wanting this, I uncertainly move myself closer to him, feeling him beginning to move in as well. I have no real idea what I'm doing anymore, only hoping this isn't another thing I end up messing up. Though, before I really realize it, we're both stopped but definitely not far from each other at this point. I can feel his warm breath on my lips and I doubt there's really much of a gap between us by now at all. Not really sure that it's my best choice, I push any and all thoughts out of my head as I lean in that last little bit to finally connect our lips.

In an instant, it feels like all the oxygen in my body has been removed, but it's a beautiful feeling of his lips on mine as they slowly move together in time. My mind goes fuzzy as the slow kiss continues on, hoping with everything in me that I don't mess anything up. It's my first kiss ever, and I actually really don't want to mess things up with Hobi.

Eventually though, we're both pulling away in need to breathe, and I feel like I could pass out simply from the nerves devouring my body. My hands are still on his soft cheeks, and while I want to move them, I don't know any better place for them and don't know that I really have enough control of my body at the moment to do so. Though, he's soon placing his hands over mine, lacing his fingers through my own as he gently pulls them from his face. It takes everything in me not to shake lightly in concern for messing things up, but calm when I feel him lean in and peck my lips.

"You did so good, baby." Hobi murmurs softly as he pulls away from the kiss once more. I don't know that it's even possible at this point, it my cheeks flush an even darker shade of red if they can, feeling somewhat embarrassed by my actions and flustered by the little name.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I don't know what I was t-thinking-"

"Yoongi, calm down, baby. You don't need to apologize. You did so well and that kiss was perfect. Okay? I'm so proud of you, baby." Hobi chuckles softly, feeling him brushing some of my hair off to the side. I part my lips to try and say something, but quickly end up closing them once more, my mind still nothing short of complete mush, a small shy smile on my lips.