Chapter 8

Yoongi POV

I don't understand why the fuck it's so dark in here. Hell, I don't even know where the hell I am. It makes no sense that Namjoon is here either though. How does one get a room to be so pitch black and a bed to be so goddamn uncomfortable? And why the hell does everything hurt to move?

"Jiminie? Seriously, turn the fucking lights on. You know I don't like the pitch dark." I mumble with a pout, hoping he'll give in this time. However, I only hear the sound of crying following, confusing me even more.

"Hyung,... the lights are on." I hear Namjoon whisper softly as I reach up to rub at my eyes. Though, I instantly regret the action, having caused way more pain that I would've expected. However, I freeze for a moment as my brothers words sink in, not making much sense though.

"What are you talking about, Joon?" I question quietly, a little reluctant to pose the question. The room falls silent for a moment though, scaring me even more.

"Hyung, what's the last thing you remember?" I hear a somewhat unfamiliar voice ask. I vaguely recall it though, racking my brain for why it sounds just the littlest bit familiar.

"I was... fuck, I was on my way to class. What the hell happened?" I respond, growing even more puzzled as this keeps going. I don't even bother with trying to look in either direction, fairly certain that Namjoon is on my left and Jimin on my right. It's not like it'll do me any good when I can't really see them though...

"Hyungie, you got hit by a car. I... You must've been crossing the street, but someone hit you. Y-You need to be careful, okay? You're pretty busted up a-and ended up losing your sight in the process." Jimin chokes out, making just about every bit of my body go numb.

"I... what?" I breathe out, not really being able to form much of a sentence, trying to ignore the pain from my dry throat and the lump that's forming.

"You're blind, hyung. And you need to be careful with moving around too much. You seem pretty beaten up." Namjoon answers quietly, his voice much steadier than Jimin's.

I feel my heart sink in my chest at simply the first statement, the rest of his words falling on deaf ears. I... I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. How am I supposed to live like this? How am I...

"How am I supposed to play?" I mumble quietly, realizing the ultimate crisis here.

If I can't see... how the hell am I supposed to be able to play? What the fuck am I doing here if I can't play anymore? Piano has meant more to me than everything I've ever known. It's what's kept me going in life, what's given me hope and relief and comfort all of these years since I began playing.

"Play what, hyung?" Namjoon questions in what I'm certain is confusion.

"Piano."

It's like a ghost as the word rolls of Jimin's lips, beating me to answering his question. A ghost that's going to haunt me until the end of time, a ghost that'll haunt me until they're laying my body underground.

"Hyung, I think the last thing you should be worrying about is how you're going to play an instrument. Right now, you should just focus on giving your body a rest. There's a lot that we're going to have to figure out, and playing a piano isn't one of those things." Namjoon speaks up quietly. I scoff at this, shaking my head.

"Fuck off. You don't know shit." I growl lowly, feeling tears stinging my cheeks as they fall.

"Hyung-"

"I said fuck off damn it! You wouldn't fucking understand." I snap, my voice trailing off at the end as I run a hand through my hair. It hurts like hell to move my arm, feeling the soreness pulling even down my side from the movement, but I ignore it. None of it is anything compared to the pain filling my chest and head right now. None of it really matters if I can't play.

I hear the shuffling of feet, the quiet sound growing quieter before I hear Jimin's voice.

"You're his brother. How do you not fucking know that playing piano is the most important thing to him? You're here to be taking care of him, as hard as it is since your the younger one. But if you want any sense of possible cooperation from him, you need to acknowledge the fact that the only motivation he's ever had is playing that 'dumb' piano. I've lived with him for two and half years now, Namjoon. Piano is all he's ever known, the only thing he's ever gone to. You better start relearning your brother if you want to be able to help him learn how to live with this condition."