𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 #𝟙

Flashback

"Grandad!...Grandaaaaddd!"

"What is it my sweet (Y/N)?"

"Why are you so quiiiiettt? I wanna play 'I spy' we've been driving foreverrrrrr!"

"If you keep complaining like that you'll never get a boyfriend."

"Ew no. I'm not getting a boyfriend they're yucky. I'm going to have a prince instead!"

"Hahaha~ well said young one...well said indeed."

"But grandad why do we drive like this every weekend? I end up falling asleep and I never get to say goodbye because I'm not awake when you take me back home to mother and fathers..."

"Oh darling...you should have told me earlier if this troubles you so much. But with what's happening at home, It's better to have a long drive home to settle your thoughts."

"I don't get it. At all. I think it's a boring old person thing."

"You may be right cheeky monkey, but if you just look out at the shoreline and watch as we pass the beaches with the waves rolling along. You start to get these moments...like daydreams. And if you keep focus, you can imagine yourself in a place far beyond from here. A place with no pain. A place where your wishes come true."

"Was I supposed to be doing that this whole time?"

"No child, only if you felt like you needed to.."

"Okay. I'm gonna try. But I want to say goodbye to you before I get home..."

"Whatever you wish (Y/N) I much rather wish you daydream yourself into a sleep. But I have a feeling I won't change your stubborn little mind.."

"Don't you want to say goodbye to me too?"

"Of course darling. But we don't have to say it all the time. Sometimes we know what people are saying without them speaking. And when you're older...You'll learn that saying goodbye will only get harder-oh...that was quick little (Y/N) but it has been a long day for you I don't blame you for falling asleep so soon."

"I promise that if things get worse at home, I'll try to be a prince to save you before you go and find one for your own. I let things go out of control with your mother and father but I won't let anything worse come your way. So sweet dreams my angel but don't blame those sweet dreams for being our goodbye..."

-