18: Sincerely (Pt 2.)

(A/N):

HEYY YOU WANT A LONG ASS CHAPTER? OF COURSE YOU DO. SO GUESS WHAT THIS IS THE END OF ACT ONE AND THINGS GONNA GET HELLBENT FROM HERE MUAHAHAHAHAA. I'm an evil genius >:) and you cannnnntt stop me!

ALSO - some of the music may not suit a particular scene but SHHH

THANK YOU for 600 + reads! it makes me happy that others are enjoying what I'm writing!

Please make sure to vote and send in feed back so I can get better!

AAANDDD Scene.

-

By the Lacombe Bay breakwater...

8:47 PM

"It's already dark...Do we really expect him to be at the end of that thing?" Bellona asked, putting her old BMW in park. I suddenly remembered that even after this little interaction I still had a long way to go to get home, about an hour's journey. Charlie giggled at a thought.

"Hopefully he tripped over and fell in."

What a lovely, grusome and utterly Charlie thing to say.

The light poles cast small spaces of light between each 10 feet or so across the concrete of the breakwater. There was also a section towards the end where there was an absence of the light poles, only a faint outline of the rest of the concrete barrier could be seen from the car park. It really was a dangerous place to be out at night, but at least it was peaceful, relatively calm and the road of stars paved through the sky. a lovely sight.

We all exited the car in silence, Evan started rocking from his heels to his toes to relieve some pent up stress while Scott bounced in small jumps and shook his hands, to energise himself up in the cold. "Let's do this."

Collectively we started heading towards the breakwater, Lila started sneezing repeatedly which was quite cute, but what was cuter was when Charlie offered her scarf to wrap around her sensitive nose.

"Thank you." Lila said with a nasal tone muffled by the scarf. Charlie smiled, I was still so thankful that they had gotten over their fall out so soon. I hugged my coat tighter to my body as an icy chill blew in from the sea. soft waves rolled in and out against the concrete passage, a soothing sound to the ears.

Maybe he wants to meet here because of the soothing repetitiveness of the waves...

I brushed away the thought of Markov and I enjoying the same comfort.

Scott turned on his phone light and lead the way, we all kind of shuffled in line behind him before we all had our phone lights out. There was no light at the end of the breakwater, so if Markov was there...that means he would be in the darkness. I looked around to the others and they seemed to share the same confusion. 

Why is he in the darkness?

We headed further down the cold winded path and I could begin to see an outline of a shadow, it was crouched and in it's hands a warm light started to blossom.

Lila had come to my side, pulling down her scarf and holding me to a stop. "If you do make an agreement, make sure he doesn't leave out any vague details." she looked ahead to see that everyone else paused as well. "Would you like one of us to join you?" she asked, clutching my upper arm. I put my hand on hers and squeezed gently.

"It should be fine," I really didn't feel like I was facing him alone because I had the support of all these people. But this was something better done with just him and I. It wasn't a particular fear that I had about Markov, it was more of an unnerving sensation brought on by his mere acknowledgement of my presence. For him to be aware of me, was me being aware of myself. And every meeting with him felt like I was walking on some tightrope, and yet, I wanted to keep walking and walking to see where it lead me.