13: Confliction

Minutes became seconds and seconds became minutes. every slow elongated pause was following with a quick succession of clock ticks. Time was muddled, as was my mind, as was the situation and the chronological order I tried to put together. this time I didn't fight the confusion and begin laboriously brainstorming to understand mess after mess. I just let it be.

Bellona was the one behind clamping my car and Lila knew about it without telling us. That's all there is. And I didn't even know what it meant, I only knew why Charlie was angry.

Firstly, she must not have known about it. Secondly, she was mad I didn't know about it either. Thirdly, she hurt her foot trying to look cool. And lastly, it was the cause of the fight yesterday. we could have escaped the parking lot and safely got out of there. But people got hurt because of poor planning and communication. Not to mention flat-out lying.

Charlie was nowhere to be seen. I suspected she made it back to the Nest while Lila and I got ready for sport. We didn't talk at all. I wanted to, I didn't feel like I needed an explanation per say, just an affirmation from her that told me she was regretful...

It didn't help that Markov's words were repeating over and over in my mind.

because now... from all i have experienced... markov seems to become more trustworthy...

"How do you know that they're your friends?"

"they only wanted to show you what they wanted you to see."

"...It was when they figured out some things about you, learned about who you are..."

"...they claimed you were in danger, when they asked that they would escort you out...that was when they decided to use you."

"...They w̛̠͉̻a̟ņ̖͈̼͕̙te̢̟d̬̪͟ a fight"

"She didn't bring that gun for show and she was ready to pull that trigger."

Those words, I thought were a play...when he suspected it was my friends who essentially started the fight in the car park that got way too out of hand. I was so quick to disregard his words as trying to manipulate me despite how honest he sounded.

And now. I didn't really know who was being honest anymore.

"I don't know you...I don't know you, but I know we have more in common than you think..."

That was the moment I saw something so rare for the malicious eyes he possessed. a hint of sincerity. a calmness in his overly disturbed character. like the sun peaking through the eye of a hurricane, he was peaceful and genuine...kind and warm.

Just who is Markov? Am I imagining him as an enigma or are my emotions so mixed up at the moment I cannot see his true personality clearly? Whatever it is, I'm just not going to spend my time thinking about things until I understand them. I'm just going to let things be.

Lila silently dragged me into a white bricked locker room, every turn she made, she didn't want to look me in the eye. She placed her gym bag down on a white painted wooden bench before opening a single cobalt blue locker. Lila stared into the locker, a picture of a smiling Charlie and herself taken from a photo booth.

"She'll come around."

I pressed my fingertips to my lips, I didn't expect myself to speak up about it. Just when Lila's expression softened when seeing the picture again, my entire being wanted to reach out to her. I didn't realise the atmosphere I would bring about if I started speaking to Lila so soon. But I guess my side of the silent treatment is over.