16: Peace or war, it's your choice.

I couldn't decide who was worse; the drunk version of Charlie or the hungover one. It was now the afternoon classes and Charlie mumbled and groaned with a cold wet hand towel pressed to her forehead, the effects of the alcohol beginning to leave her system after throwing up twice. She was crying and swearing and it was hard to cover up during school time but it appeared nobody else really cared about her drunken state. Even the teachers gave her a pass.

Anyone could almost get away with anything at this school.

"I'm such an idiot." Charlie cried, her emotional state was amplified but quite some amount. The hours of getting her water, holding her hair back in the bathroom and chauffeuring her nauseated self around had made her tired by the end of all of this, she continued to apologise over and over.

"You are such an idiot." Lila flicked Charlie's forehead, the tired girl recoiled and tried to punch her friend back but her hand dropped halfway. I was glad they were back on speaking terms, but I was sad that it had to take a drunken self-destructive adventure to do so.

It was about 10 minutes left of history class and it felt good just to focus on work again, some kids were already leaving as they had their work done, and the teacher agreed because nobody wanted to stay in Kuriabare for that long with the Dogs lurking. Lila was filling out Charlie's workbook as she couldn't focus on the text without feeling sick, reminding her friend that she owes her big time.

"Do ya think there's a mole in the Nest?" Charlie suggested. We were all trying to figure out how the Dogs were able to access Huxley's application. "I wish that weren't likely, but it's happened before." Lila and Charlie informed me that Richard was a black hat hacker, a criminal hacker that gets paid for illegal cyber-activity, and that he was actually on good terms with Huxley at one stage. But he was offered money by Markov for his skills and knowledge about the Nest and Richard couldn't refuse, but he joined Markov and the Dogs with the promise that they wouldn't try to hurt Huxley.

"Maybe...it's because of me?" I wondered as I relaxed in my plastic chair, "I've become the shockwave to started all of these things..."

Lila sat up and bounced her pencil on the table. "No, there's no way they could have had access to your phone after the installation chip was..." the pencil stopped, Lila's eyes widened. "Cameron."

"What?!" The disorientated Charlie rose her head as he sat against the wall. "She's the-"

"Charlie, please be quieter" I pleaded as the entire classroom looked in our direction once more. Charlie rose her long thin arm and waved to them all.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry my mistake. Continue your hard work everyone!" I held silent as everyone turned back to their work, whispering between each other at Charlie's commotion. She dropped her hand and looked to Lila. "I'm sorry but there's no way that nerd could be the mole."

"It's rude to call someone a nerd..." I whispered. Charlie folded her arms against her chest.

"It's true though. She's a goodie-little-two-shoes...she can't be bribed at all." Charlie's brutal honesty was really quite something, she definitely needed to wean off of the alcohol.

"But we don't know where she is..." Lila suggested and she made a good point. It was quite suspicious that Cameron was gone for so long, was she really bought by the Dog's like Richard was? Lila sighed deeply and continued copying her notes into Charlie's workbook. She growing uncomfortable with the mystery too.

"Has everyone destroyed their installation chip?" Charlie asked, the question was quite dumbfounding to come from her considering her current state, maybe she was sobering up quickly or somehow the alcohol gave her some sense of clarity.