10: What you left behind..

My Grandfather thought about everything as he was ill in hospital. I never ever took him as the type to plan ahead, so I was surprised to see that he had my every need ready for me to move in  before he left this world.

A fully stocked walk-in pantry graced my presence, high stacked cabinets of all my favourite snacks and boxes of fresh produce were at my fingertips, my stomach rumbled at the sight, I hadn't eaten much since arriving so no wonder how I felt so weak and tired. I need to keep up my energy if I wanted to do well like Grandfather wanted me to and once I graduate from Kuriabare, I was free to roam the world and follow my own passions.

It was the promise that made me motivated me work so hard, I had to keep it no matter what because the love of my grandfather was so strong and so giving, his memory had to be kept alive with my efforts. As I started getting the ingredients ready to make (F/F), I thought about my lone visits to the hospital, and how he came to me with the great revelation that would change my life forever.

"When I pass, everything I own will be in your name. Your parents won't come close to having anything from me...you understand why?"

"Not exactly..."

"I believe you do (Y/N)...but you don't have to say it out loud."

At the time, I had felt uneasy about Grandfather refusing to leave a cent to my parents. I remember so vividly the anxiety I felt in awaiting their reaction as they so eagerly thirsted for the riches they would never have. My father disgustingly prayed out loud for Grandfather to pass as soon as possible, my mother hoped for it too although held some sympathy for her father's passing...I knew Grandfather found the executors reading priceless in the afterlife.

The executor was a local friend of my grandfathers I had yet to meet up with since. The scene of his reading crossed my mind...

2 weeks ago...

-

"I devise and bequeath the executor Thomas Partridge, Mr John Park and Mr Bruce D'angelo a share each of my Rollington Ranch and all the land, livestock, equipment and all other property of mine that resides on the property."

Maybe I would be able to meet the other beneficiaries one day...

"I devise and bequeath to the non-profit charity 'Helpinghands' the total funds of property in Venice, and Canada once they are auctioned off."

"I devise and bequeath the remainder of my property, assets, company shares, the total funds in my bank accounts and The entirety of the Wesley estate to...my Granddaughter (Y/N) (L/N)...she will have all of these in her name only, and will not be bound by her parental guardianship in terms of her inheritance."

"What!...this...this has to be a mistake." my father yelled I felt the glare of his eyes on me. A small smirk formed on my lips so I hid it behind my hand before my father could see, it had been so long since my father last looked me in the eyes and he did so without love but full of frustration.  This really was my Grandfather's idea of ultimate revenge.

"Your mother and father disgust me with how they neglected you. They had every chance to love and care for you, but they didn't, they loved their nasty habits. And so, they do not deserve my love and care."

"It isn't a mistake" the executor said. "In two other separate articles of the will, it explains why this decision has been made...I...I think it would be best if you read it through yourself." He said as he held out the will, my father ripped it from his grasp and flipped to the two articles eyes narrowing then widening as he read. "No..." He breathed out. His eyes grew desperate and skimmed through every line for an explanation that suited him.