𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 #𝟛

It was a strange call...one I didn't expect to have so soon. Sorting out my grandfathers finances was like a big jumbled mess, there were so many letters in need of reading and sending and...I'm quite surprised actually at how many contacts Grandfather seemed to have as he was very much reclusive.

Luckily, my Grandfather had most of it sorted for me before he died...which made me proud of him, even though he was incredibly sick he was still motivated to make my future as settled as possible. But even so, there was still so much loose ends to tie I felt like I was in the middle of the world's messiest ball of yarn.

There was only one number I knew I had to call, it was a soliciting company I remember Grandfather saying that they 'owed him many favours' and 'would do anything to help'. Once I ordered my letters by date and importance, I decided to call them as there were some things about the accounts stated in my name that didn't make much sense to me at all.

"Here goes nothing." I took a deep breathe and pressed call, not to long after the click of a plastic landline called from the other side.

"Crawford Solicitors and Financial Counselling, how may we help you today?" a female answered with a smooth tone

"Hi, uhm...I'm looking for a Mason Crawford, This is (Y/N) (L/N)...I uh promised to give him a call as soon as possible..."

how very poised (Y/N)...these high class companies surely will be impressed by your linguistic skills...

"I'll put you through to his office..." Then the woman was gone and in place was some lovely piano music I recognised as the moonlight sonata.

I sighed with a little relief and looked over the letters scattered across the dining table and I picked one up that caught my attention earlier, it was from Inner City Park Zoo, I wonder what my grandfather's business was there...and what business I would possibly have to take on.

"Mr Crawford's Office." Another female voice called.

"I'm (Y/N)(L/N)...uh I-"

"Oh, perfect! We've been expecting your call to come through any day now." The female's voice was chipper and sharp, full of energy.

"I'm Mr Crawford's secretary Taylor Moore. Mr Crawford...should be just getting back from a meeting that took place on another floor. But before he's able to take your call, I was informed of your situation and was instructed to answer any questions or immediate inquiries you may have upon calling. So if there's anything you want to know, please ask away."

"Oh okay, sure...I uh..." I didn't...I mean I had MANY questions, I just didn't know what to ask about first.

"Would you like me to run through the profile we've set out for you? As an introduction?"

"Oh, uh...Yes please." It seems my confusion was easy to pick up on, even without seeing me face to face. I'm glad this lady was kind enough to set things out for me...she must know how old I am at least.

"Great! let me just bring it up...You know, Mr Crawford was very thrilled to hear that Mr Wesley had a granddaughter. I think the story goes that the two became great business partners in the 70's although they didn't have much at the time. Mr Crawford's twin sister had gotten into some trouble with a group of people or something like that and Mr Wesley had come to save her life. Mr Crawford has given endless favours since then...Quite lovely...oh, I've got your profile now..."

Wow...saved his twin sister's life?

"(Y/N) (L/N), born (DD/MM/YYYY), Let's skip all the boring stuff about you shall we?" Taylor's tone was quite infectious and I laughed along with her, you can tell she really loves her job.

"mmm...Okay here we go...(Y/N) inherited the majority of wealth accumulated by The Wesley estate on May 13th on this year. The Wesley Estate beach side property, the current place of residency for the client, has an estimated accumulated value of $37,250,700 as of the date of inheritance including all assets and land value...th-"

"Did you say thirty-seven million dollars??"

"Thirty seven million, two hundred and fifty thousand and seven hundred dollars to be exact."

After Taylor read through a page of spell bounding revelations, I scheduled another phone call with Mr Crawford for the next day. I didn't think I could take much more of the shock...this really was something way out of the proportion I thought this was in.

You were a busy man grandfather...

I said my goodbyes to Taylor who gave me the office number for next time. And with a new silence taking bay, I decided I needed to relax...

"Time for a long bath."