1. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙡

"And you're certain it wasn't some kind of mountain lion or grizzly that you saw?" Imelda balanced her phone between her shoulder and ear. Her hazel eyes peered over a map of the town she had previously printed off. She tapped the end of her black sharpie against the table top.

A voice that sounded like a woman robot sighed. "Yes. For the last time, my girlfriend was attacked and killed by a mountain lion."

Imelda snorted. "Yeah? Did she invite it inside for coffee?"

She hung up and drew a large X on the latest location of a string of animal attacks. The last two months were nothing short of a whirlwind for the youngest Fell. She had been tracking down her sister's killer all the while avoiding her Aunt's and mom's phone calls. Mostly her Aunts'.

The Fells were a nosy persistent bunch but Imelda had seen it as a good thing. It was what kept her going, what fought back the loneliness of losing her best friend, her twin. Pressing the heel of her hands to her eyes she breathed deeply and evenly to the count of ten.

"Alright. Tennessee is his new state. Where is he going next?" She muttered to herself, picking up the discarded sharpie and resuming her tapping. Her phone lit up, revealing her Aunt's photo and name once more. Rather than answer, she let it go to voicemail.

"What's near his last victim?" Imelda carved a path with her eyes. "Memphis?" She muttered squinting.

It's a long shot but it wasn't like she had much to go on. Best she could tell so far was is he enjoyed hitting small, wooded towns. With her mind quickly and easily made she capped her sharpie and tossed it into her messenger bag; folding up the map she stuffed it in there as well.

Picking up her phone Imelda left the cash for her coffee on the table before grabbing her bag and slipping out of the booth. She scrolled through her messages as she left the diner.

'I'm moving to Mystic Falls and you better be there for your last year of HS.' The text was from her Aunt.

"Thank you, god." Imelda grumbled sarcastically.

Still keeping up the new tradition of not texting back, she backed out of the message. If her Aunt was so worried the woman could track her through her phone and her credit cards. Imelda wasn't exactly hiding so she didn't worry all that much.

"Graduation." Imelda muttered, peering at her reflection through the tinted glass of her car.

Iris Fell had already planned their joint graduation party. From what they would eat for breakfast to the six outfits she'd force Imelda to wear. Being a senior had meant the world to Iris and she was killed two and a half months before she could carry the title.

Imelda blinked back the tears as she harshly jerked her door open, slumping into the driver's seat. She slammed her door shut, tossing her thing in the passenger seat.There was a deep ache inside of her soul, one that could only hope to begin to mend once she had her sister's body laid to rest.

Imelda wasn't asking for much, she knew she couldn't take on a vampire, not one as old as Stefan Salvatore but she had to try. She'd do anything to get her twin's body back, even if it got her killed in the process. Though in hindsight, that seemed pretty strange.

Shoving the key into the ignition she started up her mini cooper and backed out of the parking lot. Getting back onto the highway she blasted Iris's favorite band; We The Kings. Imelda herself thought they were alright but her sister, oh how her sister loved the band.

Every time they were performing in the twins home state of Virginia, Iris would drag Imelda to their concert. Imelda herself enjoyed just spending time outside of the house, not focusing on homework or the slue of unfinished projects se always had going on.