34. 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Imelda peered into her bowl of cereal as if she could see the future. The applejack circles only told her that the cinnamon goodness was getting soggy.

"You didn't go with Caroline?" Liz spoke from her place in the archway of her kitchen. "I thought she threatened to drag you kicking and screaming to the yearbook stand."

"She tried." Imelda shivered. "Of all the things I've faced this year alone, Caroline Forbes is by far the scariest."

Liz chuckled. "Wait until you tell her you're not going to college with her." She watched as the Hybrid Luna shivered, dropping her spoon and groaning loudly.

"I make her the godmother of my son and she wants to torture me." Imelda grumbled as Liz headed off, no doubt going to work so she could attend the graduation.

Resting her chin on her hand, Imelda found the silence to be strange. It was amazing how quickly she had gotten use to the chatter of the bar, crying or giggling of her son or just the sounds of life happening around her.

However, to her joy, the silence didn't last as she heard two heartbeats from the driveway. Lunging from the kitchen table and ignoring the chair crashing to the floor, Imelda was out of the house and hastily pulling a giggling Robin into her arms.

"My baby." Imelda cooed, raising Robin and grinning just as brightly as he did. They might not have the same looks but their smiles certainly mirrored the other.

"And who else?" Roman pouted, watching his co-parent ignore him for their son. "Have you ever taken a baby on a plane? It's horrible." He teased.

Imelda snorted, pulling Robin into her arms. "I thought you weren't coming, did the impending doom excite you to much?" She teased, pressing a kiss to Roman's cheek and leading them into Liz's home where she was currently staying.

"You're graduating for the first time." Roman defended, happy to set the diaper bag and suitcases down as Imelda closed the door behind him. "Plus, I figured two witches might be better than one."

"Good luck with that." Imelda spoke as Robin swung her finger back and forth before shoving it in his mouth. "Gross, Robin." She grinned, pulling her finger back and wiping the drool onto a grimacing Roman.

"Besides, as far as I know Bonnie's got it covered." Imelda had confidence in the Bennett witch. "And as much as I love the idea of you and Robin being there to cheer for me, I'd rather you be as far from Mystic Falls as possible."

Roman watched her for a moment. "You haven't seen Iris or Mikael yet, have you?" The girl put on a brave facade, even fooling him from time to time but the past Imelda held in Mystic Falls would always follow her, no matter how much she tried to shake it or ignore it.

Imelda hummed, spinning in slow circles with Robin. "I saw my dad and that's all that I care about. I'm going to meet him and the Gilbert's for lunch. Jeremy's also back from the dead so I really want to see him too."