29. 𝙊𝙙𝙙 𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜

"So, Damon turned Abby, Bonnie's mom into a vampire to save Elena?" Imelda sat on Damon's bed, watching as he scrubbed the blood and dirt from his hands.

"How did this even happen?" Caroline's confused voice prompted Imelda to groan. "I mean, why is it that Bonnie is always the one who gets hurt when saving Elena? Hell, you died and became a vampire for Elena."

Imelda heard Stefan enter the Boarding House. "Do you need me to come over? Is it alright with Bonnie?"

"Of course! Bonnie was asking about you, she hasn't seen you since Stefan revealed he had stolen Klaus's family."

"I'm on my way, also, give Bonnie a head's up I've got something to say and she won't like it so have her witchy spells ready." Imelda hung up, standing just as Stefan found them in Damon's room.

"You should hang around." Stefan stated, crossing his arms as he peered at Imelda who stood from the bed. "Because we need to talk."

"Elena safe?" Damon ignored his words, leaving his bathroom, drying his hands.

Stefan nodded. "Elijah kept his word, Elena is safe and on her way to see Bonnie."

"Which is where,-" Imelda was cut off by Stefan glaring at her. She took to tapping her thigh as Damon tossed the damp towel back into the bathroom.

"Let her go, Stefan." Damon moved to his desk where Imelda had poured him a glass of bourbon. "She's had just as shitty of a night as we had."

He was lying.

Shortly after he got home Imelda arrived, breathless and tackling him because she was worried something happened. It was then she told him about everything. He gave her points for playing villain before telling her he was the better villain.

It was then he said he turned and killed Abby to save Elena and in turn save Klaus; not that anyone else would know that besides her and Ric. Damon shook his head and took a drink of his glass, turning to see Stefan and Imelda still peering at one another.

"I know you're mated to Klaus." Stefan wasn't stupid. "I wanted to be friends, to make up for all of the things I've done to you but I won't. Not as long as he lives and as long as you work against me."

Imelda had come to the terms she lost her friend. "Good. I hate secrets and I told Elena, I'm going to tell Bonnie too." She stepped forward, meeting Stefan who was peering at her with a watery angered expression.

"I forgive you."

Imelda left then, easily walking away from all that Stefan had done and made her feel. If she could forgive Iris, forgive herself; she could forgive Stefan. Letting go of the notion of hate and anger was easy.

It was made simpler because now Imelda had more important things to worry about, she had people to look after, things like hatred and vengeance, they didn't matter and would never matter to Imelda and just maybe, that was her saving grace.

Imelda soon found herself at the Forbes residence. Liz wasn't there but Caroline and Bonnie both greeted Imelda in the late, cool morning hours. They were sat on the porch swing when Imelda appeared on the sidewalk.

"Hey." Imelda spoke gently, easing through the gate, crossing the front yard and walking up the porch stairs. "Bonnie,-"

Pain erupted in Imelda's head.

She collapsed onto the wood, biting back a scream and clutching her head as if it would help. Her head was on fire but it felt like it was exploding. Imelda could hardly focus, her eyes were squinted but she saw Caroline dragging Bonnie away.