23. 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙘𝙚

Elijah Mikaelson clearly didn't know who Imelda was.

His dark gaze peered into her so deeply she shifted her weight, squirming under the intense gaze. She wasn't afraid of him, she just didn't like the way he looked, as if he thought she was insane and he had to be the one to put her down.

"Mikael is here." Elijah finally spoke, his gaze moving to Klaus whose arms were crossed against his chest after silently daggering Kol once more. "You said he was dead. That you killed him with his own weapon."

"He is. I did." Klaus turned his back to his brother, blocking his view and only looking at a relieved looking Imelda. "Love, while I'm glad to know you'll run to my rescue, I need you to head on home."

"Damon thinks my Aunt killed her ex." Imelda blurted, choosing to ignore the drama for a moment and focus on her personal issues. "I don't think she did and neither does Mikael, well, he's pretty much on the fence but he tells me to trust instincts and you know."

She waved her hand in the air as she walked away from Klaus, heading to the kitchen to pour herself some blood. Her nerves were frazzled after moving in a fog and being attacked and saved by two Original's.

Klaus's expression darkened. "So, you seem to regret asking I not kill him? Say the word Love, Damon Salvatore's head will be on a silver platter, or delivered in pieces if you wish."

Imelda ducked into the large fridge. "Yeah. No. He's still like my brother, I'm just rambling. Also, fun fact, just so you know, I didn't wake Elijah. Sorry." She grabbed a bottle of beer, not seeing any blood and turned only to have the bottle be taken from her.

"Yes, I caught your scent in the witch's house." Klaus opened the beer and took a sip; still ignoring his brother who was gazing at them strongly. "Thank you for continuing to stand against me."

"Not against you." Imelda made an attempt to get the beer back but failed. "I'm not for you but I'm not against you. You've hurt my friends and people I call family, that'll take at least a century to get over."

"So I have a century?" Klaus found hope filling his voice. "Well, all things considered I suppose I can wait for a bit." He smirked, lowering his arm so she could get the beer and took a long sip. He took it quickly from her and scowled.

"When was the last time you slept?" The words drowned out Elijah loudly clearing his throat. It was clear he wasn't use to Klaus so easily devoting all of his attention on someone.

Imelda shrugged. "We've got more important things to worry about. Like how I need to go home and tell Damon I'm not on your side."

Klaus rolled his eyes. "Ah, of course and yet here you stand. In my home, attempting to drink my beer."

"I did drink your beer." Imelda glanced to Mikael who was amused. "Oh. Mikael wants us to duel, you know, whenever. Turns out I'm better with a sword than a bow." She headed to the front door but paused in front of Elijah.

She shifted her weight once more as his dark gaze peered down at him. Silently, she patted his chest where Damon had placed the note and headed off, not sparing the brother's a second glance.

With her mind sort of made, she headed home and to her joy was greeted by Damon Salvatore, dressed in nothing but boxers, socks and singing and dancing on the coffee table with a bottle of bourbon in hand.

"Well, I'm home." Imelda grinned over the loud music, laughing as Damon hopped off the table, grabbed her arm and dragged them onto the sofa.

"Look, Buffy." Damon wasn't drunk, despite what he had told himself prior to Klaus getting his family back.