8. 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨

"You seem nervous." Klaus pointed out as he stood in front of Imelda. She sat in the back of the SUV, her legs crossed as she ate her cheeseburger and fries Thomas had gotten her. They had finally got back to Mystic Falls and it was nearing eleven at night.

"Maybe because I'm worried you'll break my neck? Only difference is I won't come back as many times as Stefan has." Imelda snorted, causing herself to nearly choke on a fry. Klaus rolled his eyes at her.

"Okay, I'm actually nervous about what Damon will do if he finds out I told you Elena was alive." Imelda told the truth. When she did, it always seemed to catch Klaus and Rebekah off guard. It was sad in her opinion.

"Oh, there's no need to worry about him, Love." Klaus waved her off. "I plan on killing him, no point in keeping him around."

Imelda scowled. "Could you not? I actually like him, despite him breaking my wrist when we first met."

Klaus's eyes darkened at that piece of information. "I'm only hearing more reason to rip his heart from his chest, Imelda." He growled, turning as the moving truck finally arrived.

They were sat in the school's parking lot. Imelda wasn't sure why but she knew other students were there for senior prank night. Tomorrow was the start of senior year and she had already decided she would go, if not for herself, than for Iris.

"What if I promised to drink your blood but not die immediately?" Imelda found herself offering.

She felt bad about outing Elena. She had, at one point, been good enough friends with Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. Along with Iris, they had a few slumber parties but this was before high school, before Iris focused on the future and Imelda spent more time drawing.

Klaus peered at her. "Love, if I give you my blood, I'm instantly snapping your neck and forcing you through transition." His plans for turning her after Gloria had been set back.

He was letting her enjoy being human a bit longer but with his anger and Rebekah's temper he wasn't sure how much longer he should let her be human. Especially not since Elena was still alive and Rebekah found out about Stefan still loving the doppelganger.

"Okay." Imelda nodded. "Let's not do that. Do you think you could give me senior year to change your mind and whoever was on the Other Side's mind?"

"You want to go back to school?" Klaus was curious more than anything. He had heard her telling Rebekah about school and Iris's plans for their final year to be the best year. Imelda wanted to honor that and this caused his dramatic sister to sob for nearly an hour.

Rebekah chose that moment to appear. "They are students in the school, just like you said." She sat next to Imelda and stole a fry.

Klaus clapped his hands. "Rebekah be a dear and come with me, Imelda stay outside." He moved forward, purposely brushing against Imelda as he grabbed a wooden stake behind her. He smirked as her heart quickened and she shifted backward.

"Before we go, let's check on our friend, mhm?" Klaus gripped Imelda's hand and pulled her with him, she brought her sprite along with them as he opened the back of the moving truck and climbed in.

He helped Imelda and closed the door just slightly. Sprawled at an odd angle in between coffins was Stefan, his neck wasn't twisted anymore which meant he would be coming back to life soon. Klaus passed Imelda the stake as she noisily drank her sprite.

"You want me to stake him?" Imelda glanced at the wooden stake. "You do know he'll kill me, right? He's on human blood which makes him way stronger than me, you know? The human?"