28. 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘼 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚

"Buffy, we got a whole lot of issues and they all stem from my brother's need to kill your mate."

Damon found Imelda tucked away in her childhood home. He didn't bother asking to be invited in seeing as she was the owner of the home and now a hybrid. What he did bother with was admiring the artwork no doubt done by her.

Imelda snorted, sketching her wolf form based on what she was told. "You're telling me. Have you seen my phone?" She was answered by her phone being tossed at her as Damon flopped across from her into a beige recliner.

"Elena did meet with Esther and turns out Mommy Dreadful wants to kill Klaus." Damon kicked his feet up onto the coffee table, watching Imelda who blew a piece of bangs from her face.

"Mikael's gone. I also danced with Klaus and, I mean, damn can he dance." Imelda glanced to Damon who rolled his eyes. "But, you know, anyway. I never told him about the mate thing or Mikael thing. He actually ended up leaving because Esther called."

"She's keeping a close eye on them." Damon clasped his hands behind his head. "Elena gave her blood so Esther could bind them. If one dies, they all die now."

Imelda's hand ceased moving. She peered at Damon, the way he appeared to be relaxed but looked more tense than he usually did. He smelled angry and worried, he also had the faint hint of Rebekah but Imelda couldn't be bothered. She set her sketchbook beside her on the sofa.

"I can't let that happen." Imelda watched as Damon sat up and peered at her. "Damon. I know everyone wants Klaus dead but I don't. And his family doesn't deserve what Esther is doing. I promised Mikael I'd save his children."

"And you can't break one promise?" Damon knew it was useless, he learned early on they shared a very dangerous quality. They'd do anything to keep the people they loved.

"You know why I can't." Imelda rubbed her hands together, looking away from him. "I never told Elena." She muttered.

"Stefan was supposed to, told me he would but he didn't because he didn't want to risk her changing her mind." Damon sighed, standing and pacing.

"Klaus needs to pay and since I gave my word to not kill the dick, we've got to figure out a way to stop Esther without revealing ourselves and pissing off crazy Stefan."

"Great plan." Imelda nodded. "Only problem is you want Klaus dead along with the other's. You don't have to pretend." She wasn't bothered with Damon, what bothered her was Elena and Stefan.

Damon smiled, sitting on the coffee table and taking her hands in his. "Look here, Buffy. I'll say this only once, so listen up, okay?" Imelda nodded sheepishly.

"You're family. I love you and will always love you. Your dad and I are going to do our damnedest to get a win-win. So get your vampire killing boots and let's go hunt an Original Hybrid."

Imelda frowned. "Why are we hunting,-" She was silenced by Damon placing his finger to her lips, smirking.

"We're going to need the Dick to be in on it if we want to save him." Damon stood and headed for the front door. "Meet me back at home, preferably with Mate-Boy."

"You never run out of nicknames, do you?" Imelda wondered though she was taken as teasing and he laughed his way out. With a sigh, Imelda stood, tugging on her boots and grabbing a random jacket she had hanging up.

Just before she left, she remembered to grab her phone. As she headed to the mansion, she listened to her voice mails, all from Ric and Mer who told her they loved her and let her know that whenever she was ready, they'd be at home, waiting for her.