12. 𝙄𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙧

The last thing Imelda wanted to do after the night of the bonfire was get a call from Tobias Fell asking where Iris was telling her that they were both supposed to attend the Illumination Ceremony.

She also found out that her Aunt would be attending, if she could change shifts at the hospital. While Imelda was worried about surviving, her family was worried about maintaining the status of Founding Family, something Imelda found annoying. So she said she'd talk to Iris.

"Imelda?" Rebekah's voice washed over the still dressed for bed, Fell.

Rebekah skipped up the stairs and glared down at Imelda who was sat on the porch swing. A cup of black coffee was in her hand, next to her was an open sketchbook. She tossed her phone onto it and rubbed her neck.

"Let me guess, Klaus called." Imelda wasn't bothered by it.

She had kept him on the phone for a little over three hours last night. She did the talking, from when she first met Stefan to the two month long journey of looking for Stefan to what she now is forced to come to terms with. Iris was a Parker, not a Fell.

Rebekah scowled as she picked up the sketch book and phone. "He's such an ass." She settled, sitting next to Imelda who snorted. "Really, he is! Rather than take us with him, saving me from this horrible town and you from the horrible truth, he left us."

"I needed to know, one way or the other." Imelda sipped her coffee. "But yeah, him leaving you was a dick move. Speaking of dick moves, I'm sorry about last night." She was honest, which caught Rebekah off guard, forcing away her anger toward the human.

Rebekah stole the coffee and sipped from it. "I'm over it. If you think I need a little human to keep me company all hours of the day, you're sadly mistaken." She spoke with a loud huff.

Imelda rolled her eyes and leaned further back. "So, Miss I-don't-need-a-human, what are you doing today?"

"Whatever I want." Rebekah announced. "And I want to stay hidden away from the world." She spoke softer, slumping down and giving Imelda a pleading look.

Without being asked, Imelda stood and picked up her things. "Well, seeing as Thomas got the house out of my mom's name and into mine." Imelda opened her front door and stepped through the threshold.

Not even Stefan could enter her home now, no vampire could and that was a great thing to Imelda. Especially now since Thomas, Henry and Chris were dead and her Aunt apparently had her own apartment. Uncle Tobias had told her that, to her shock and disappointment.

"Rebekah Mikaelson, would you mind coming into my home?" Imelda smiled, sweeping her arm forward in a dramatic fashion that had the blonde giggling as she stood in the doorway.

"It would be my greatest honor, Imelda Fell." Rebekah felt as if she were a child again, teasing and bantering with her little brother, it was nice and she missed the feeling.

"Then come on in." Imelda gestured her once more. "Just no compelled humans or blood bags. I'm still a Fell." She winked as Rebekah grinned brightly, easily entering her home and shutting the door.

"Can I?" Rebekah was giddy, excited to learn all about Imelda based on her home. Already she knew the wonderful decor was not Imelda's doing but the artwork lining the walls was. She realized something that made her laugh.

"Great." Imelda drawled, heading for the kitchen. "I let my first vampire into my house and she laughs. No more vampire's I guess."

"That's exactly why I'm laughing!" Rebekah clapped, following quickly after Imelda and pulling her phone from her pocket. "Oh, Nik is going to love this."